DarQ, lionb and other users of this board and IT Job

[b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:52:14[/red][/b][hr]
DarQ said
"the only advantage for companies that are doing such things... is MONEY!! and thats ALL!!
[blue][b]BINGO![/b][/blue]
over here, the need for IT has changed. During the millenium bug and the switching to the euro, they hired many many IT professionals. Now they are being dumped, and the need had changed.. they are now asking for at least 3 years experience!
tell me, how can i gain experience, if im not hired because i have "no" experience?!"
[blue]We have exactly the same problem here in the USA. Experience issue is just a "reason" to do not hure you. Having experience will not help at all. May be it even will prevent you to get job just because experienced people usually required bigger salary[/blue]

B.A.H.

those companies dont care about anything.
[blue][b]BINGO AGAIN![/b][/blue]
I have that feeling that "if i were the boss....".. i believe many people have that same feeling. But why dont those bosses have that feeling??
I would choose more expensive local coders if it would help the problems around IT...
[blue]How about us ? ;-) [/blue]

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:52:14[/red][/b][hr]
    : DarQ said
    : "the only advantage for companies that are doing such things... is MONEY!! and thats ALL!!
    : [blue][b]BINGO![/b][/blue]
    : over here, the need for IT has changed. During the millenium bug and the switching to the euro, they hired many many IT professionals. Now they are being dumped, and the need had changed.. they are now asking for at least 3 years experience!
    : tell me, how can i gain experience, if im not hired because i have "no" experience?!"
    : [blue]We have exactly the same problem here in the USA. Experience issue is just a "reason" to do not hure you. Having experience will not help at all. May be it even will prevent you to get job just because experienced people usually required bigger salary[/blue]
    :
    : B.A.H.
    :
    : those companies dont care about anything.
    : [blue][b]BINGO AGAIN![/b][/blue]
    : I have that feeling that "if i were the boss....".. i believe many people have that same feeling. But why dont those bosses have that feeling??
    : I would choose more expensive local coders if it would help the problems around IT...
    : [blue]How about us ? ;-) [/blue]
    :
    hahaha, its not just about the coders i just found out, its about keeping the economy LOCAL.

Let state that i have this company. Instead of hiring 100 coders in india, i hire the best coders from around the world and get them overhere.
    Now i have this huge building that requires a lot of additional personel such as cleaners and hot babes behind the reception.
    Those coders (perhaps you??? as answer to "how about us") live HERE and earn here and spend here.
    well (now we move the coding department to india, just hiring the another building with its local (indian) additional personal and that 100 indian coders.
    What does our economy gain from this???? NOTHING!!!
    outsourcing is a good thing for a company, but it must be kept in proportions. Our NL economy won't gain anything if an entire "dutch" company does biz abroad only. Ok, the big boss might come back home (to NL) to spend a few 000 for a couple of days a year.

:
    :
    :

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:52:14[/red][/b][hr]
    : : DarQ said
    : : "the only advantage for companies that are doing such things... is MONEY!! and thats ALL!!
    : : [blue][b]BINGO![/b][/blue]
    : : over here, the need for IT has changed. During the millenium bug and the switching to the euro, they hired many many IT professionals. Now they are being dumped, and the need had changed.. they are now asking for at least 3 years experience!
    : : tell me, how can i gain experience, if im not hired because i have "no" experience?!"
    : : [blue]We have exactly the same problem here in the USA. Experience issue is just a "reason" to do not hure you. Having experience will not help at all. May be it even will prevent you to get job just because experienced people usually required bigger salary[/blue]
    : :
    : : B.A.H.
    : : those companies dont care about anything.
    : : [blue][b]BINGO AGAIN![/b][/blue]
    : : I have that feeling that "if i were the boss....".. i believe many people have that same feeling. But why dont those bosses have that feeling??
    : : I would choose more expensive local coders if it would help the problems around IT...
    : : [blue]How about us ? ;-) [/blue]
    : hahaha, its not just about the coders i just found out, its about keeping the economy LOCAL.
    :
    : Let state that i have this company. Instead of hiring 100 coders in india, i hire the best coders from around the world and get them overhere.
    : Now i have this huge building that requires a lot of additional personel such as cleaners and hot babes behind the reception.
    : Those coders (perhaps you??? as answer to "how about us") live HERE and earn here and spend here.
    : well (now we move the coding department to india, just hiring the another building with its local (indian) additional personal and that 100 indian coders.
    : What does our economy gain from this???? NOTHING!!!
    : outsourcing is a good thing for a company, but it must be kept in proportions. Our NL economy won't gain anything if an entire "dutch" company does biz abroad only. Ok, the big boss might come back home (to NL) to spend a few 000 for a couple of days a year.
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    : url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)

Same thing here too. Ideally I would like to move to somewhere like China or India and still get paid the same ammount as I do now.. But I have control over a team of local coders. How cool would that be?

All the benefits of being in a warmer place and getting paid a fortune of a wage. That would be la crem de la crem.

You know.. if you call Dell from the UK now... you either go through to Ireland or India. Personally I can understand the accents of the Indians better than the Irish.

On the experience thing. Yes, all jobs now say three years needed. The best thing is to lie and get a mate at another company to write you a false reference and get them to speak to your 'new' employers. I have nearly 10 years of experience in IT now. But to be honest.. Im not sure how much Ive learned in that time. Seems that there is a peek that you reach... from there the only thing that gets stronger is how annoying users can be. ;-)

• hahaha, its not just about the coders i just found out, its about keeping the economy LOCAL.
    : : Let state that i have this company. Instead of hiring 100 coders in india, i hire the best coders from around the world and get them overhere.
    : : Now i have this huge building that requires a lot of additional personel such as cleaners and hot babes behind the reception.
    : : Those coders (perhaps you??? [blue] [b]Why are so many question marks there?[/b][/blue] as answer to "how about us") live HERE and earn here and spend here.
    : : well (now we move the coding department to india, just hiring the another building with its local (indian) additional personal and that 100 indian coders.
    : : What does our economy gain from this???? NOTHING!!!
    : : outsourcing is a good thing for a company, but it must be kept in proportions. Our NL economy won't gain anything if an entire "dutch" company does biz abroad only. Ok, the big boss might come back home (to NL) to spend a few 000 for a couple of days a year.
    : : [size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)
    :
    : Same thing here too. Ideally I would like to move to somewhere like China or India and still get paid the same ammount as I do now.. But I have control over a team of local coders. How cool would that be?
    :
    : All the benefits of being in a warmer place and getting paid a fortune of a wage. That would be la crem de la crem.
    [blue]Oh, leeos even uses French! Does it mean that he is realy ungry?[/blue]
    :
    : You know.. if you call Dell from the UK now... you either go through to Ireland or India. Personally I can understand the accents of the Indians better than the Irish.
    :
    : On the experience thing. Yes, all jobs now say three years needed. The best thing is to lie and get a mate at another company to write you a false reference and get them to speak to your 'new' employers. I have nearly 10 years of experience in IT now. But to be honest.. Im not sure how much Ive learned in that time. Seems that there is a peek that you reach... [blue]OK, now I think it's time to change status of this board to private. What will happen if your current boss ot potential one will read it? :-D[/blue] from there the only thing that gets stronger is how annoying users can be. ;-)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by Flakes at 2003-8-26 5:16:28[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-8-25 10:52:14[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : DarQ said
    : : : "the only advantage for companies that are doing such things... is MONEY!! and thats ALL!!
    : : : [blue][b]BINGO![/b][/blue]
    : : : over here, the need for IT has changed. During the millenium bug and the switching to the euro, they hired many many IT professionals. Now they are being dumped, and the need had changed.. they are now asking for at least 3 years experience!
    : : : tell me, how can i gain experience, if im not hired because i have "no" experience?!"
    : : : [blue]We have exactly the same problem here in the USA. Experience issue is just a "reason" to do not hure you. Having experience will not help at all. May be it even will prevent you to get job just because experienced people usually required bigger salary[/blue]
    : : :
    : : : B.A.H.
    : : : those companies dont care about anything.
    : : : [blue][b]BINGO AGAIN![/b][/blue]
    : : : I have that feeling that "if i were the boss....".. i believe many people have that same feeling. But why dont those bosses have that feeling??
    : : : I would choose more expensive local coders if it would help the problems around IT...
    : : : [blue]How about us ? ;-) [/blue]
    : : hahaha, its not just about the coders i just found out, its about keeping the economy LOCAL.
    : : Let state that i have this company. Instead of hiring 100 coders in india, i hire the best coders from around the world and get them overhere.
    : : Now i have this huge building that requires a lot of additional personel such as cleaners and hot babes behind the reception.
    : : Those coders (perhaps you??? as answer to "how about us") live HERE and earn here and spend here.
    : : well (now we move the coding department to india, just hiring the another building with its local (indian) additional personal and that 100 indian coders.
    : : What does our economy gain from this???? NOTHING!!!
    : : outsourcing is a good thing for a company, but it must be kept in proportions. Our NL economy won't gain anything if an entire "dutch" company does biz abroad only. Ok, the big boss might come back home (to NL) to spend a few 000 for a couple of days a year.
    : : [size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)
    :
    : Same thing here too. Ideally I would like to move to somewhere like China or India and still get paid the same ammount as I do now.. But I have control over a team of local coders. How cool would that be?
    :
    : All the benefits of being in a warmer place and getting paid a fortune of a wage. That would be la crem de la crem.
    :
    : You know.. if you call Dell from the UK now... you either go through to Ireland or India. Personally I can understand the accents of the Indians better than the Irish.
    :
    : On the experience thing. Yes, all jobs now say three years needed. The best thing is to lie and get a mate at another company to write you a false reference and get them to speak to your 'new' employers. I have nearly 10 years of experience in IT now. But to be honest.. Im not sure how much Ive learned in that time. Seems that there is a peek that you reach... from there the only thing that gets stronger is how annoying users can be. ;-)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]
    As I said before,I fully understand the indignation some of you feel about outsourcing.But for a country like mine ,it IS a big opportunity to make some money without worrying about pollution or without any major infrastructural investments.

So next time you meet someone working in an "outsourced" project,please don't kick him ;-)

[/blue]