Those wacky Mormons

So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.

Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

Comments

• : So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.
    :
    : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :

Haven't met a single Mormon in my life.So all this is news to me.
    But the word "mormon" sound so much like a word reserved for not-so-bright-people.No relation , i suppose ;-)
  • : : So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.
    : :
    : : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.
    : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    : Haven't met a single Mormon in my life.So all this is news to me.
    : But the word "mormon" sound so much like a word reserved for not-so-bright-people.No relation , i suppose ;-)
    :
    HAHA. Thats what always springs to my mind too.

As for that street. Out of pure ignorance/arrogance, I would do something which would violate their ethos.

Surly though.. the street/property is theirs.. but it must still technically be a public right of way? Thats how it works here in any case. In some extreme cases people have 'rights of way' through their gardens.

So Im off to SLC with a bottle of JD and a T-shirt with a childish/offensive slogan embossed on it. ;-) Anyone coming for the ride for a ride in my new monster truck?

• : : : So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.
    : : :
    : : : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.
    : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : Haven't met a single Mormon in my life.So all this is news to me.
    : : But the word "mormon" sound so much like a word reserved for not-so-bright-people.No relation , i suppose ;-)
    : HAHA. Thats what always springs to my mind too.
    :
    : As for that street. Out of pure ignorance/arrogance, I would do something which would violate their ethos.
    :
    : Surly though.. the street/property is theirs.. but it must still technically be a public right of way? Thats how it works here in any case. In some extreme cases people have 'rights of way' through their gardens.
    :
    : So Im off to SLC with a bottle of JD and a T-shirt with a childish/offensive slogan embossed on it. ;-) Anyone coming for the ride for a ride in my new monster truck?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

You make that 2 bottles of JD and I *might* be willing. :-)

But seriously,why should you do that ? Let them keep their faith and
    as far as they aren't coming nowhere near your nose,why bother ?

• [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2003-8-20 3:24:48[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.
    : : : :
    : : : : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.
    : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : Haven't met a single Mormon in my life.So all this is news to me.
    : : : But the word "mormon" sound so much like a word reserved for not-so-bright-people.No relation , i suppose ;-)
    : : HAHA. Thats what always springs to my mind too.
    : : As for that street. Out of pure ignorance/arrogance, I would do something which would violate their ethos.
    : : Surly though.. the street/property is theirs.. but it must still technically be a public right of way? Thats how it works here in any case. In some extreme cases people have 'rights of way' through their gardens.
    : : So Im off to SLC with a bottle of JD and a T-shirt with a childish/offensive slogan embossed on it. ;-) Anyone coming for the ride for a ride in my new monster truck?
    :
    :
    : You make that 2 bottles of JD and I *might* be willing. :-)
    :
    : But seriously,why should you do that ? Let them keep their faith and
    : as far as they aren't coming nowhere near your nose,why bother ?
    :
    Well I was kidding. However, when they ( Mormons ) stop me in the street or knock on my door without my wanting.. I find it irritating when they won't take no for an answer. To me, that kind of behavior is rude and totally unnecessary. So my case of JD and monster truck was a way of portraying: "Look if you dont want me to irritate you.. Then dont irritate me and the vast majority of the population".

Two wrongs don't make a right. In any case I dont have any plans to visit Utah or America in the future.

Actually, where I live (a small village) My best friend had one come to his door and would not go away and wanted entry to the house. I would never invite a stranger in my house unless the circumstances were to my benefit. To end the tourment, he said "Well, I will listen to you if you come to the pub with me for a pint" Problem solved.

The question is. Why is this door to door salesman style marketing necessary? Further more, when the subject of spam came up. Has anyone seen any religious spam yet? I for one have not. All I get is Vigra ( spelling wrong on purpose), loans and p*rn... oh and "the banned cd". What the hell is that?

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2003-8-20 3:24:48[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.
    : : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : Haven't met a single Mormon in my life.So all this is news to me.
    : : : : But the word "mormon" sound so much like a word reserved for not-so-bright-people.No relation , i suppose ;-)
    : : : HAHA. Thats what always springs to my mind too.
    : : : As for that street. Out of pure ignorance/arrogance, I would do something which would violate their ethos.
    : : : Surly though.. the street/property is theirs.. but it must still technically be a public right of way? Thats how it works here in any case. In some extreme cases people have 'rights of way' through their gardens.
    : : : So Im off to SLC with a bottle of JD and a T-shirt with a childish/offensive slogan embossed on it. ;-) Anyone coming for the ride for a ride in my new monster truck?
    : : You make that 2 bottles of JD and I *might* be willing. :-)
    : : But seriously,why should you do that ? Let them keep their faith and
    : : as far as they aren't coming nowhere near your nose,why bother ?
    : Well I was kidding. However, when they ( Mormons ) stop me in the street or knock on my door without my wanting.. I find it irritating when they won't take no for an answer. To me, that kind of behavior is rude and totally unnecessary. So my case of JD and monster truck was a way of portraying: "Look if you dont want me to irritate you.. Then dont irritate me and the vast majority of the population".
    :
    : Two wrongs don't make a right. In any case I dont have any plans to visit Utah or America in the future.
    :
    : Actually, where I live (a small village) My best friend had one come to his door and would not go away and wanted entry to the house. I would never invite a stranger in my house unless the circumstances were to my benefit. To end the tourment, he said "Well, I will listen to you if you come to the pub with me for a pint" Problem solved.
    :
    : The question is. Why is this door to door salesman style marketing necessary? Further more, when the subject of spam came up. Has anyone seen any religious spam yet? I for one have not. All I get is Vigra ( spelling wrong on purpose), loans and p*rn... oh and "the banned cd". What the hell is that?
    :
    :
    :

Okay I knew you were kidding about the monster truck.But the JD is a dream too ? Ah well,so much for hoping. ;-)

As I said before,i haven't met many mormons and didn't know they
    were so sticky.I will take your word for it.

About spam mails,didn't yet get that one about a south african treasure coming your way suddenly ?.It's some "small" things you have to do and the whole lot of money is yours.heh.

:

• : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my
    : best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the
    : deep end.
    Yeah, I'd agree. Then, I would. ;-) I remember having to study some stuff about Mormons in history back at school when we were looking at the history of the American West. All I remember now is that one of the early leaders of the religion had a name that sounded very much like Bring'em Young. Fitted well with the polygamy. :-)

Amusingly, the only film I've ever seen with a Mormon in was Orgazmo.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : Has anyone seen any religious spam yet? I for one have not.
    No, not yet, but I'm waiting for somebody to try it.

: All I get is Vigra ( spelling wrong on purpose), loans and p*rn... oh
    : and "the banned cd". What the hell is that?
    Probably a scam to get people to hand over money for nothing. I'm getting more and more spam these days, it's getting VERY annoying. Mostly perscriptions and peni$ enlargement. I DON'T NEED IT!!! Arghhh!

Lunch time...yay...

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2003-8-20 3:24:48[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : So the main Mormon Temple is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mormons are extremely conservative in general, and don't like the idea that anyone can walk down the main street in front of the temple dressed however they like and saying whatever they like. Since they can't violate the first amendment on public property, they decided to buy the street in question. Now they can enforce their rules because it's private property.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Don't get me wrong, I know a handful of Mormons. Some are among my best friends in the world. But as a religion, they are way off the deep end.
    : : : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : : Haven't met a single Mormon in my life.So all this is news to me.
    : : : : : But the word "mormon" sound so much like a word reserved for not-so-bright-people.No relation , i suppose ;-)
    : : : : HAHA. Thats what always springs to my mind too.
    : : : : As for that street. Out of pure ignorance/arrogance, I would do something which would violate their ethos.
    : : : : Surly though.. the street/property is theirs.. but it must still technically be a public right of way? Thats how it works here in any case. In some extreme cases people have 'rights of way' through their gardens.
    : : : : So Im off to SLC with a bottle of JD and a T-shirt with a childish/offensive slogan embossed on it. ;-) Anyone coming for the ride for a ride in my new monster truck?
    : : : You make that 2 bottles of JD and I *might* be willing. :-)
    : : : But seriously,why should you do that ? Let them keep their faith and
    : : : as far as they aren't coming nowhere near your nose,why bother ?
    : : Well I was kidding. However, when they ( Mormons ) stop me in the street or knock on my door without my wanting.. I find it irritating when they won't take no for an answer. To me, that kind of behavior is rude and totally unnecessary. So my case of JD and monster truck was a way of portraying: "Look if you dont want me to irritate you.. Then dont irritate me and the vast majority of the population".
    : : Two wrongs don't make a right. In any case I dont have any plans to visit Utah or America in the future.
    : : Actually, where I live (a small village) My best friend had one come to his door and would not go away and wanted entry to the house. I would never invite a stranger in my house unless the circumstances were to my benefit. To end the tourment, he said "Well, I will listen to you if you come to the pub with me for a pint" Problem solved.
    : : The question is. Why is this door to door salesman style marketing necessary? Further more, when the subject of spam came up. Has anyone seen any religious spam yet? I for one have not. All I get is Vigra ( spelling wrong on purpose), loans and p*rn... oh and "the banned cd". What the hell is that?
    :
    : Okay I knew you were kidding about the monster truck.But the JD is a dream too ? Ah well,so much for hoping. ;-)
    :
    : As I said before,i haven't met many mormons and didn't know they
    : were so sticky.I will take your word for it.
    :
    : About spam mails,didn't yet get that one about a south african treasure coming your way suddenly ?.It's some "small" things you have to do and the whole lot of money is yours.heh.
    :

Alas, I have not had any JD for a long time. Used to love that stuff.
    Well maybe all are not like that. I am just unlucky when it comes to be singled out. I always seem to attract beggars and down and outs.

I like those ones that claim to be from a boss of a nigerian oil company or a Taiwanese bank.. someone rich has died and 30 million green backs is up for grabs if they can use my bank account. Yeah Yeah.

I got one a few weeks ago.. from a supposed Bank Manager in Taiwan. I replied.. but I replied in Chinese.. HAHA, I did not get a response.. because the author could not read chinese.. and was in some African country.