Using c++ to shift pitch or transpose wav files

Hi all

we are developing an application that collects messages from users and stores them in windows wave files. (11Hz, 8bit, mono)

The system requires that the messages are all masked in some way so that the people leaving messages can not be identified by their voice.

My question essentially is this:
Can I do this in c++, I would like to compile an exe that can except an input filename and an output filename and shift the pitch up or down on the input file and save it as the output file?

If anyone knows if this is possible can you point me in the direction of some details be it a good book, or preferably an online resource.

Thanks for your replies.
Marcus

Comments

• : Hi all
    :
    : we are developing an application that collects messages from users and stores them in windows wave files. (11Hz, 8bit, mono)
    :
    : The system requires that the messages are all masked in some way so that the people leaving messages can not be identified by their voice.
    :
    : My question essentially is this:
    : Can I do this in c++, I would like to compile an exe that can except an input filename and an output filename and shift the pitch up or down on the input file and save it as the output file?
    :
    : If anyone knows if this is possible can you point me in the direction of some details be it a good book, or preferably an online resource.
    :
    : Thanks for your replies.
    : Marcus
    :

my first reply
    hopelly it will be of any use
    well if you think of it its quit simple.
    you dont need to do pitch detection(autocorrelation or fft) just....
    here is it --> just multiply your sound wav by cos(2*pi*w*t) function
    and for reconstruction the signal just multiply it again with the
    same frequency.
    simple!!!