Terminator 3

[b][red]This message was edited by Jonathan at 2003-8-4 12:39:3[/red][/b][hr]
Hi,

Anyone else been to see Terminator 3? Any thoughts on it? I thought Arnie played his role well, and they had tried to be a bit original. I also thought the explanation of how AI came to take over was reasonably feasible.

Wonder if we ever will create AI? I also wonder how important the concept of self awareness is...does it have to be self aware to be able to decide to wipe us out, or could it just do it anyway, because it fits it's self preservation algorithms? Or the algorithms that led it to create it's self preservation algorithm... Guess it depends on what we think about vitalism.

Ah well...back to work.

Later,

Jonathan

###
for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
(tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
/(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

Comments

• I sat thru' the whole movie and didn't understand a thing.
    But then about 6 pegs of Rum does that to anyone :-)
    Anyway, *might* go and watch it once more.

Faustine
    --------

: [b][red]This message was edited by Jonathan at 2003-8-4 12:39:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi,
    :
    : Anyone else been to see Terminator 3? Any thoughts on it? I thought Arnie played his role well, and they had tried to be a bit original. I also thought the explanation of how AI came to take over was reasonably feasible.
    :
    : Wonder if we ever will create AI? I also wonder how important the concept of self awareness is...does it have to be self aware to be able to decide to wipe us out, or could it just do it anyway, because it fits it's self preservation algorithms? Or the algorithms that led it to create it's self preservation algorithm... Guess it depends on what we think about vitalism.
    :
    : Ah well...back to work.
    :
    : Later,
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :