A Very Easy question on projects in .Net

Hi!

I am new to VS.NET And I would like to know how to Export MFC Applications as .exe files so that I can send these .exe files to others. I have tried sending them the executable in the Debug Folder but there is some error on a missing library. Should I send any other files with it? I am sending only the .exe file.

I also am not sure if this is the right message board but I find this the best for my question.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Use Depends.EXE and findout the dependencies of your EXE and package them together. That's the right solution. If not, build and link your EXE using "Statically Linked" option in Visual Studio and distribute your application (EXE file).

Thanks
    Suresh.

: Hi!
    :
    : I am new to VS.NET And I would like to know how to Export MFC Applications as .exe files so that I can send these .exe files to others. I have tried sending them the executable in the Debug Folder but there is some error on a missing library. Should I send any other files with it? I am sending only the .exe file.
    :
    : I also am not sure if this is the right message board but I find this the best for my question.
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :

• Thank You very much. Your advise was of much help.

: Use Depends.EXE and findout the dependencies of your EXE and package them together. That's the right solution. If not, build and link your EXE using "Statically Linked" option in Visual Studio and distribute your application (EXE file).
    :
    : Thanks
    : Suresh.
    :
    : : Hi!
    : :
    : : I am new to VS.NET And I would like to know how to Export MFC Applications as .exe files so that I can send these .exe files to others. I have tried sending them the executable in the Debug Folder but there is some error on a missing library. Should I send any other files with it? I am sending only the .exe file.
    : : I also am not sure if this is the right message board but I find this the best for my question.
    : : Thanks in advance
    :
    :