How to record audio from sound card's line-in?

Hello everybody!

I tried to make a simple test application on how to sample audio signal with Direct-X routines. Sampling seems to be really easy when using DirectSoundCaptureBuffer and sound card's microphone input, but does anyone know how to sample audio signal from sound card's line-in connector (with Visual Basic / C++)?

Regards,
Misty

Comments

• Hey Misty. Did you have an success with this? I'm trying to do the same thing. Well I just want to be able to read what sounds are being played through the sound card, so would like access the sound card buffer. using VC++.
    Also, the microphone input might work as well. How did you go about that?
    Any links or info would be helpful.
    Thanks.

: Hello everybody!
    :
    : I tried to make a simple test application on how to sample audio signal with Direct-X routines. Sampling seems to be really easy when using DirectSoundCaptureBuffer and sound card's microphone input, but does anyone know how to sample audio signal from sound card's line-in connector (with Visual Basic / C++)?
    :
    : Regards,
    : Misty
    :

• hi!
    my second post through the internet...
    their is a sourch code at this site-->
    -->sbdetect.zip and sb16snd.zip(record and play sound directlly)
    search it
    my advice is that you go to any unversity and open a book
    on hardware like advanced pc architecture by buchanan
    anyhow i dont successed running this files i will know why soon...

: Hey Misty. Did you have an success with this? I'm trying to do the same thing. Well I just want to be able to read what sounds are being played through the sound card, so would like access the sound card buffer. using VC++.
    : Also, the microphone input might work as well. How did you go about that?
    : Any links or info would be helpful.
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    : : Hello everybody!
    : :
    : : I tried to make a simple test application on how to sample audio signal with Direct-X routines. Sampling seems to be really easy when using DirectSoundCaptureBuffer and sound card's microphone input, but does anyone know how to sample audio signal from sound card's line-in connector (with Visual Basic / C++)?
    : : Regards,
    : : Misty
    :
    :