disabling copy/paste option

hi
I have a dialog box with number of edit fields in it. if cursor is placed in any of the edit field and right clicked, then it is possible to paste clipboard contents in the edit box. i would like to know how do i disable this option of copy and paste.

Could anybody help me out
pinkie

Comments

• : hi
    : I have a dialog box with number of edit fields in it. if cursor is placed in any of the edit field and right clicked, then it is possible to paste clipboard contents in the edit box. i would like to know how do i disable this option of copy and paste.
    :
    : Could anybody help me out
    : pinkie
    :
    [blue]You can try to subclass the HWND of all the edit boxes in that dialog and catch the WM_PASTE message. Do not pass it to the default processing function. Theoretically - it should work.[/blue]
  • : : hi
    : : I have a dialog box with number of edit fields in it. if cursor is placed in any of the edit field and right clicked, then it is possible to paste clipboard contents in the edit box. i would like to know how do i disable this option of copy and paste.
    : :

[blue]subclass the control (e.g. CMyEdit), capture the OnRButtonDown()[/blue]

[code]
    void CMyEdit::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
    {
    // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default

//CEdit::OnRButtonDown(nFlags, point);
    }

[/code]

• tnx, i could do it by mapping WM_RBUTTONDOWN message in my derived edit class
    thanks a lot

: : : hi
    : : : I have a dialog box with number of edit fields in it. if cursor is placed in any of the edit field and right clicked, then it is possible to paste clipboard contents in the edit box. i would like to know how do i disable this option of copy and paste.
    : : :
    :
    : [blue]subclass the control (e.g. CMyEdit), capture the OnRButtonDown()[/blue]
    :
    : [code]
    : void CMyEdit::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
    : {
    : // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
    :
    : //CEdit::OnRButtonDown(nFlags, point);
    : }
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    :