Programming Needed

Hello,

My name is Millian and I do a talk radio program in Las Vegas on KLAV 1230AM. I have the possibility to syndicate my program nationwide, and I am seeking an alternative to radio automation software. I have visual basic experience myself, yet have no time to complete this project.

I am seeking a competent programmer to design a software for me that will do a few simple things.

First, on loading the software the program must connect to the atomic clock, and set the system clock accordingly to my time zone. I will also need a button to do this on-demand.

Second, the program must allow me to set time marks and/or a playlist, so when a certain Hours:minutes:seconds hit, an MP3 file plays through my sound card.

This is a very simple concept, but i need it to look extremely sharp and classy, have some extra bells and whistles, but most importantly, it must work like a Swiss clock. (no pun intended)

I will be running Windows 2000 exclusively.

Finally, for this design, I will need the source code in which to make future changes or updates. While getting this software developed, I will need a designer willing to make changes to fine tune the software.

We have a small budget, so I can only offer a small compensation. Also due to my financial setup I must ask for only programmers in the US.

If you feel you can do this, and will have time to be patient and work out the bugs with me, please email me with a time-frame for delivery, what your price is, and your name and info to

millian@millianproductions.com

Thank you
Millian

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by kel1981b at 2003-6-30 10:45:26[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : We have a small budget, so I can only offer a small compensation.
    [blue]small compensation ... How much is it?[/blue]
    : Also due to my financial setup I must ask for only programmers in the US.
    :
    : If you feel you can do this, and will have time to be patient and work out the bugs with me, please email me with a time-frame for delivery, what your price is, and your name and info to
    :
    : millian@millianproductions.com
    :
    : Thank you
    : Millian
    :
    :
    :

• : Hello,
    :
    : My name is Millian and I do a talk radio program in Las Vegas on KLAV 1230AM. I have the possibility to syndicate my program nationwide, and I am seeking an alternative to radio automation software. I have visual basic experience myself, yet have no time to complete this project.
    :
    : I am seeking a competent programmer to design a software for me that will do a few simple things.
    :
    : First, on loading the software the program must connect to the atomic clock, and set the system clock accordingly to my time zone. I will also need a button to do this on-demand.
    :
    : Second, the program must allow me to set time marks and/or a playlist, so when a certain Hours:minutes:seconds hit, an MP3 file plays through my sound card.
    :
    : This is a very simple concept, but i need it to look extremely sharp and classy, have some extra bells and whistles, but most importantly, it must work like a Swiss clock. (no pun intended)
    :
    : I will be running Windows 2000 exclusively.
    :
    : Finally, for this design, I will need the source code in which to make future changes or updates. While getting this software developed, I will need a designer willing to make changes to fine tune the software.
    :
    : We have a small budget, so I can only offer a small compensation. Also due to my financial setup I must ask for only programmers in the US.
    :
    : If you feel you can do this, and will have time to be patient and work out the bugs with me, please email me with a time-frame for delivery, what your price is, and your name and info to
    :
    : millian@millianproductions.com
    :
    : Thank you
    : Millian
    :
    :
    :

Geez, you asked for alot! You have a small budget, want all the rights, and the source code. Maybe some hobbist is willing to take on the project as a lark, but I would, at a minimum, keep all the source and the rights to resell the product. How would you like to donate your time to produce a show get little pay, no rights and no royalty?
  • : : Hello,
    : :
    : : My name is Millian and I do a talk radio program in Las Vegas on KLAV 1230AM. I have the possibility to syndicate my program nationwide, and I am seeking an alternative to radio automation software. I have visual basic experience myself, yet have no time to complete this project.
    : : I am seeking a competent programmer to design a software for me that will do a few simple things.
    : : First, on loading the software the program must connect to the atomic clock, and set the system clock accordingly to my time zone. I will also need a button to do this on-demand.
    : : Second, the program must allow me to set time marks and/or a playlist, so when a certain Hours:minutes:seconds hit, an MP3 file plays through my sound card.
    : : This is a very simple concept, but i need it to look extremely sharp and classy, have some extra bells and whistles, but most importantly, it must work like a Swiss clock. (no pun intended)
    : : I will be running Windows 2000 exclusively.
    : : Finally, for this design, I will need the source code in which to make future changes or updates. While getting this software developed, I will need a designer willing to make changes to fine tune the software.
    : : We have a small budget, so I can only offer a small compensation. Also due to my financial setup I must ask for only programmers in the US.
    : : If you feel you can do this, and will have time to be patient and work out the bugs with me, please email me with a time-frame for delivery, what your price is, and your name and info to
    : : millian@millianproductions.com
    : : Thank you
    : : Millian
    :
    : Geez, you asked for alot! You have a small budget, want all the rights, and the source code. Maybe some hobbist is willing to take on the project as a lark, but I would, at a minimum, keep all the source and the rights to resell the product. How would you like to donate your time to produce a show get little pay, no rights and no royalty?
    :
    Yeah. Sounds like do something fo fun. Very funny offer!

• : :
    : : Geez, you asked for alot! You have a small budget, want all the rights, and the source code. Maybe some hobbist is willing to take on the project as a lark, but I would, at a minimum, keep all the source and the rights to resell the product. How would you like to donate your time to produce a show get little pay, no rights and no royalty?
    : Yeah. Sounds like do something fo fun. Very funny offer!
    :

Computer programmers are so cute. I am the early stages of my show, and as anyone successful knows, you have to make sacrifices in the beginning to get anywhere.

So, let me ask you this, I do donate my time and produce a show with little or no pay and no royalty. Why do you think I have a small budget in the first place?

Lets not forget that I have all this free time to sit on Ebay and sell someone's software. Especially radio software that requires this much complex programming, and is in such heavy demand. Its a frigging clock and mp3 player. I know how cutting edge that kind of technology is.

When I used to do computer work, I would be happy for someone to throw a project at me. To have your custom software be one of the core pieces of a nationally syndicated radio show would be such a waste. I know that wouldnt look good on any resume nor would anyone ever hear about your work. Not to mention that there's only about a thousand bucks available for me to spend. Sorry I make such high demands and offer such pocket change. Please forgive me for intruding on your holy land of VB.

• :
    :
    : : :
    : : : Geez, you asked for alot! You have a small budget, want all the rights, and the source code. Maybe some hobbist is willing to take on the project as a lark, but I would, at a minimum, keep all the source and the rights to resell the product. How would you like to donate your time to produce a show get little pay, no rights and no royalty?
    : : :
    : : Yeah. Sounds like do something fo fun. Very funny offer!
    :
    :
    : Computer programmers are so cute. I am the early stages of my show, and as anyone successful knows, you have to make sacrifices in the beginning to get anywhere.
    :
    : So, let me ask you this, I do donate my time and produce a show with little or no pay and no royalty. Why do you think I have a small budget in the first place?
    :
    : Lets not forget that I have all this free time to sit on Ebay and sell someone's software. Especially radio software that requires this much complex programming, and is in such heavy demand. Its a frigging clock and mp3 player. I know how cutting edge that kind of technology is.
    :
    : When I used to do computer work, I would be happy for someone to throw a project at me. To have your custom software be one of the core pieces of a nationally syndicated radio show would be such a waste. I know that wouldnt look good on any resume nor would anyone ever hear about your work. Not to mention that there's only about a thousand bucks available for me to spend. Sorry I make such high demands and offer such pocket change. Please forgive me for intruding on your holy land of VB.
    :
    :
    :
    Look if you didn't ask for the source you wouls have had a chance. Your using us to further your career why should we use you to further ours. If it is so easy, just do it. Look I donate plenty of time, effort and hardware to several charities. I just don't believe getting something for nothing since you will profit from it.