Help me with graphics

I am just a beginner in programming in C++. Although I know the basics I still have problems regarding graphics.
I am currently trying to develop a program that loads a geographic map and gives the latitude and longitude of the location corresponding to that pointed by the mouse cursor (or through the direction keys).
What I want to know is how do I load the map in BGI.
Your help will be greatly appreciated by me.

Thank you.

Comments

• : I am just a beginner in programming in C++. Although I know the basics I still have problems regarding graphics.
    : I am currently trying to develop a program that loads a geographic map and gives the latitude and longitude of the location corresponding to that pointed by the mouse cursor (or through the direction keys).
    : What I want to know is how do I load the map in BGI.
    : Your help will be greatly appreciated by me.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    :
    Hmmm... Hard job. Im a Pascal programmer, but I think, there isnt a function in BGI which can load image directly.
    You must load image bitmap into memory manually and then copy it to video memory (it begins usually on B800:0000), but this may cause problems on atypic cards. I dont know other way (but it surely exists).
    There is a problem with file format in which is picture saved. You must get pure bitmap information from the file.
    Bye

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    : : I am just a beginner in programming in C++. Although I know the basics I still have problems regarding graphics.
    : : I am currently trying to develop a program that loads a geographic map and gives the latitude and longitude of the location corresponding to that pointed by the mouse cursor (or through the direction keys).
    : : What I want to know is how do I load the map in BGI.
    : : Your help will be greatly appreciated by me.
    : :
    : : Thank you.
    Before you try DOS C++, in this day and age you should really pick up Windows C++. Most of it is even simpler to understand, and loading graphics and such is all super-easy. Mouse-coordinates are as well. You DO know that even if you make a DOS app work, there's a 75% chance it will be useless because WinXP and Win2K do not have true DOS emulation. I'd just try picking up Win32 API and doing the project there.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]