Help Creating GB Emulator

Does anybody know where I can get a really good step-by-step tutorial on making a Gameboy Emulator?

Comments

• : Does anybody know where I can get a really good step-by-step tutorial on making a Gameboy Emulator?
    :
    Ok Im Ian from Philippines please dont be so rush there is a lot of process first you must study the pixel,coordinates,game logic, planning filehandling coz you will put your save here and i reccomend you to use Visual Basic coz it is easy to develop such that emulator, You must first develop the emulator before the rom or you can use RPG Maker in to that link www.rpginfinity.com

Bye Friends!
  • What ian is saying is true first understand the roms that you are programming then program the emulator. Now you should know the processor the gb uses, its machine codes and thier binary representatives. After you know all this then you can sit down and try to convert these gb commands to PC commands I have never programmed an emulator but almost started at one point but decided not to because i knew i was not ready. as i said you should be able to convert the gb command in to commands the pc will understand and present the same out the GB gives that is called an emulator. emulator is just a converter.
    Try searching for documents on machine code and GB rom formats, memory management in a gb, the rom data, and the instruction set for the z80(i think it is what the CPU for the GB is called). After this you will be able to start work on your engine that is going to be your emulator.
    enjoy
  • I don't have any useful points to make as i think the main ones have been made.

If you would like any help at some stage feel free to let me know and i'll try my best. I have done some reading about doing emulators and i started writing a crappy programming language myself (which did actually work) which i think would be much the same thing. Only less complicated.

Good Luck.

: What ian is saying is true first understand the roms that you are programming then program the emulator. Now you should know the processor the gb uses, its machine codes and thier binary representatives. After you know all this then you can sit down and try to convert these gb commands to PC commands I have never programmed an emulator but almost started at one point but decided not to because i knew i was not ready. as i said you should be able to convert the gb command in to commands the pc will understand and present the same out the GB gives that is called an emulator. emulator is just a converter.
    : Try searching for documents on machine code and GB rom formats, memory management in a gb, the rom data, and the instruction set for the z80(i think it is what the CPU for the GB is called). After this you will be able to start work on your engine that is going to be your emulator.
    : enjoy
    :