logical error

Hi,

I am having the following problem, i allow the user to do a keyword search, if they do a search on books the user sees a list of results, and then they click on the id and see the details of that book.

However if the user does a search on conference papers/journals, it will allow them to do the search and see the results. but when they click on the id it bring up an error message,

error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/admin/response-keywordresearch.asp, line 307

this points to the following line,

strSQL6="Select Members.Instituteid,Institute from members, ResearchInstitutes where Members.Instituteid=ResearchInstitutes.Instituteid AND Members.memberid='" & Rsbook("memberid") & "';"

i have been told that there might be a logical error e.g missing if statements, but i cant seem to see that. is there anyway that i can send the file so that someone could have a look for me please?

Thanks

Comments

• No promises ,but you could mail me at
    faustinegeorge@yahoo.com

Faustine
    --------

: Hi,
    :
    : I am having the following problem, i allow the user to do a keyword search, if they do a search on books the user sees a list of results, and then they click on the id and see the details of that book.
    :
    : However if the user does a search on conference papers/journals, it will allow them to do the search and see the results. but when they click on the id it bring up an error message,
    :
    : error '80020009'
    : Exception occurred.
    :
    : /admin/response-keywordresearch.asp, line 307
    :
    :
    : this points to the following line,
    :
    : strSQL6="Select Members.Instituteid,Institute from members, ResearchInstitutes where Members.Instituteid=ResearchInstitutes.Instituteid AND Members.memberid='" & Rsbook("memberid") & "';"
    :
    : i have been told that there might be a logical error e.g missing if statements, but i cant seem to see that. is there anyway that i can send the file so that someone could have a look for me please?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :