how to add search function to database

Hello everybody,
i am a self-study guy,i've just written a database management system for my project. it's the first time i touch with vb.net. actually, i am a new comer of programming, i just wrote some simple programms with java and and never touch .net b4.
i use vb.net to create an interface linking with access data file. everything ok but i don't how to code a search function to it.the search button with a textbox now still not coding..........who can help me.

Comments

• I am sorry I could not get your question. What do you want to search and where exactly?
    -Saumil.

: Hello everybody,
    : i am a self-study guy,i've just written a database management system for my project. it's the first time i touch with vb.net. actually, i am a new comer of programming, i just wrote some simple programms with java and and never touch .net b4.
    : i use vb.net to create an interface linking with access data file. everything ok but i don't how to code a search function to it.the search button with a textbox now still not coding..........who can help me.
    :

• : I am sorry I could not get your question. What do you want to search and where exactly?
    : -Saumil.

hello Saumil,
    i created a dbms with using vb.net, the database is access, now i have added "add,delete,update,and quit" function, but i dont know how to add the most important function, it's 'search'! i want to search and where exactly just enter a keyword in the "textbox" and then click a "search button" to reach it. anyway, could u pls help me?
  • I am assuming that you want to search for a specific input in the DBase right? In that case a traditional query using "like" / "% " will work.
    However what you can also do and probably (I am not sure) may be more efficient is to copy the table in the DBase into a dataset table. You can then run "Finds" on the Dataset and it will be identical to running the above specified query (assuming your dataset table mirrors the DBase table (you want to search in) schema).

-Saumil.

: : I am sorry I could not get your question. What do you want to search and where exactly?
    : : -Saumil.
    :
    : hello Saumil,
    : i created a dbms with using vb.net, the database is access, now i have added "add,delete,update,and quit" function, but i dont know how to add the most important function, it's 'search'! i want to search and where exactly just enter a keyword in the "textbox" and then click a "search button" to reach it. anyway, could u pls help me?
    :

• hello Saumil,
    the problem has been solved, thanks for your help!