Installing OpenBSD 2.4 over FTP connection

I have a successful linux redhat 6.0 box 486dx2/66 16mb and all, works fine, and I am building another pc for myself, a 486sx/25 with 8mb ram. I have setup ftp on the dx2 so you can access the openbsd cd from an anonymolus connectiopn (made a /home/ftp/cdrom entry & mounted it)...

however when i bootup on the sx/25 with the boot floppy I have made it boots up well but detects my ne2000 compatible card at irq 10, not 9 as I have it set to... this happens even if i change the irq to 7!!!

Linux runs fine with this card, so does windows (i had two dx/33's running win95 perfectly before with these cards... until i discovered linux!!!! yeah baby!!!!!)

help me!!! is there an option somewhat like ifconfig in linux for openbsd!!!!! thankyou1!!

ryan verner (15yo)

Comments

• I figured ou this problem, but why does my machine NOT boot after reboot after install??? helpo!!!

: I have a successful linux redhat 6.0 box 486dx2/66 16mb and all, works fine, and I am building another pc for myself, a 486sx/25 with 8mb ram. I have setup ftp on the dx2 so you can access the openbsd cd from an anonymolus connectiopn (made a /home/ftp/cdrom entry & mounted it)...

: however when i bootup on the sx/25 with the boot floppy I have made it boots up well but detects my ne2000 compatible card at irq 10, not 9 as I have it set to... this happens even if i change the irq to 7!!!

: Linux runs fine with this card, so does windows (i had two dx/33's running win95 perfectly before with these cards... until i discovered linux!!!! yeah baby!!!!!)

: help me!!! is there an option somewhat like ifconfig in linux for openbsd!!!!! thankyou1!!

: ryan verner (15yo)

• Please help;

: I figured ou this problem, but why does my machine NOT boot after reboot after install??? helpo!!!

: : I have a successful linux redhat 6.0 box 486dx2/66 16mb and all, works fine, and I am building another pc for myself, a 486sx/25 with 8mb ram. I have setup ftp on the dx2 so you can access the openbsd cd from an anonymolus connectiopn (made a /home/ftp/cdrom entry & mounted it)...

my machine however freezes after rebooting after a install... after booting the kernel (blue backgrounded writing) it just sits there for a long time after dertermining the hard drive

I've left it for an hour with no response.. i even loaded it onto my 486DX2/66 and the same thing happens.

if i boot off the installation disk, choose shell,m mount the hard drive (wd0a) and mkroot (or chroot, i forget) it then everything can be loaded by running portmap, inet, etc...

however i cant get multiple tty's like i want, and it damb well SHOULD boot!!!

help!!!

Ryan Verner

• : Please help;

:

: : I figured ou this problem, but why does my machine NOT boot after reboot after install??? helpo!!!

:

: : : I have a successful linux redhat 6.0 box 486dx2/66 16mb and all, works fine, and I am building another pc for myself, a 486sx/25 with 8mb ram. I have setup ftp on the dx2 so you can access the openbsd cd from an anonymolus connectiopn (made a /home/ftp/cdrom entry & mounted it)...

: my machine however freezes after rebooting after a install... after booting the kernel (blue backgrounded writing) it just sits there for a long time after dertermining the hard drive

: I've left it for an hour with no response.. i even loaded it onto my 486DX2/66 and the same thing happens.

: if i boot off the installation disk, choose shell,m mount the hard drive (wd0a) and mkroot (or chroot, i forget) it then everything can be loaded by running portmap, inet, etc...

: however i cant get multiple tty's like i want, and it damb well SHOULD boot!!!

: help!!!

: Ryan Verner

Hrm, I've never seen boot problems with OBSD, but I believe

the vttys are configured as in FBSD -- they should be in

an rc file (/etc/rc.conf or something)

Sorry if that's not what you meant