Access locking records

Hello,
I'm new to this list and need some help.
I have 4 networked pcs entering data into an Access form.

1. Is there a way to lock the form so that previous records cannot be edited.

2. Is there a way to open the form at the next vacant record rather than opening at the 1st record.

Many thanks

Comments

• : Hello,
    : I'm new to this list and need some help.
    : I have 4 networked pcs entering data into an Access form.
    :
    : 1. Is there a way to lock the form so that previous records cannot be edited.
    :
    : 2. Is there a way to open the form at the next vacant record rather than opening at the 1st record.
    :
    : Many thanks
    :
    1. There is an option you can set in the Access options, under the tools menu, that will allow you to specify the records you wish to lock during editing, if that's what you mean. If you mean that you don't want anyone to be able to edit any of the records once they are entered, set the form properties. If you bring up the properties for the form, on the Data tab, you'll see a series of options... Allow Edits, Allow Deletes, etc... You can set these so that your form will allow users to add new records but not to delete or edit existing ones if you like.

2. Use an event, the OnOpen event for your form. For your procedure, you'll need just one line:

docmd.gotorecord ,,acnew

That should do it.