How do I link 2 apps, to reflect changes made in each other??

Hiya, ok I know about Threads and Processes to a point. A process is the app you run and a thread links 2 apps together. ( I think this is right!! - please feel free to correct me on this!! )

Anyway, how do I run 2 of the same apps ( on separate computers ) and if something is done on one, detect the change on the second app, and update that app to reflect that change??

Thanks,
grahamoj.

Comments

• : Hiya, ok I know about Threads and Processes to a point. A process is the app you run and a thread links 2 apps together. ( I think this is right!! - please feel free to correct me on this!! )
    [blue]No, that is not correct. Each process has one or more threads. Threads do not cross process boundries.[/blue]
    :
    : Anyway, how do I run 2 of the same apps ( on separate computers ) and if something is done on one, detect the change on the second app, and update that app to reflect that change??
    :
    [blue]You will have to implement something like sockets, COBRA or COM+ objects. sockets is the simplest and may be sufficient depending on your requirements.[/blue]

: Thanks,
    : grahamoj.
    :