Graphics Mode 13h

I read stuff about this already, but I was just wondering if there was some eaxy way to get to mode 640x480x256. I'm new at this c++, stuctures, pointers, and all the other stuff. So I don't feel very confident in myself about messing with addresses and inside my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• : I read stuff about this already, but I was just wondering if there was some eaxy way to get to mode 640x480x256. I'm new at this c++, stuctures, pointers, and all the other stuff. So I don't feel very confident in myself about messing with addresses and inside my system.

: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no easy way to get 640 x 480 x256 -this requires programming the graphics card and its registers. However, mode 13h (320 x 200 x 256 colors) is fairly easy, provided that your compiler can create a true DOS executable. If you don't want to learn assembly, or mess with addresses, post a reply and I can send you a small graphics library that I wrote which will allow you to get into mode 13h and do some pixel plotting and stuff like that. Which compiler are you using?

URL:http://www.angelfire.com/il/macroman