NEED HELP - How to find exact node in tree without knowing the path?

I am 3 days into my XML education. I am currently trying to use XML documentation for file I/O for my Visual Basic work project. I am having trouble finding the appropriate method that will allow me to search the tree for the desired node/element without having to know the exact path. I have been told SAX, and am looking into that. I am dealing with a lot of data and this would be very beneficial. Any help would be appreciated-

Thanks,
Craig

Comments

• : I am 3 days into my XML education. I am currently trying to use XML documentation for file I/O for my Visual Basic work project. I am having trouble finding the appropriate method that will allow me to search the tree for the desired node/element without having to know the exact path. I have been told SAX, and am looking into that. I am dealing with a lot of data and this would be very beneficial. Any help would be appreciated-

SAX would work, and I think you could probably do it with XPath, but I don't know how either of these work in VB. I bet you could even write an XSL stylesheet that would transform your input into the single node you're looking for, but that would probably be overkill.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]