.exe and .NET Framework

I have placed my VB.NET .exe and database on a file server. In order to run the .exe from a client PC, .NET Framework needs to be configured to allow this application to run on the client PC. Is there a way to build .exe files so that the .NET Framework does not need to be installed and configured for the .exe to run on the client PC? Or is this just the way the new .NET system work?

Comments

• : I have placed my VB.NET .exe and database on a file server. In order to run the .exe from a client PC, .NET Framework needs to be configured to allow this application to run on the client PC. Is there a way to build .exe files so that the .NET Framework does not need to be installed and configured for the .exe to run on the client PC? Or is this just the way the new .NET system work?
    :
    :

It's how the .NET Framework works. If you don't want to use the .NET Framework then you should have written it in VB6 (mind you that there is a HUGE diference between VB6 and VB.NET and it would be easier to just install the 20 MB .NET Framework on the client machine)