Please help me with exe!

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 4.00 Standard edition and I am just learning to write programs. I use console application to make these programs, but when I compile them They compile to a dos screen and it has a message on the bottom to press any key. When I press any key it returns to the compiler. I tried to run the .exe by clicking on them with winows explorer but the program just flashes on and then off. If I go to dos and type in the exe filename then it runs and I can see my program work. Does this mean that console applications are only able to work if I go to dos and then execute them or is there a way to do it in win98?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• : I have Microsoft Visual C++ 4.00 Standard edition and I am just learning to write programs. I use console application to make these programs, but when I compile them They compile to a dos screen and it has a message on the bottom to press any key. When I press any key it returns to the compiler. I tried to run the .exe by clicking on them with winows explorer but the program just flashes on and then off. If I go to dos and type in the exe filename then it runs and I can see my program work. Does this mean that console applications are only able to work if I go to dos and then execute them or is there a way to do it in win98?

: Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi there Kevin,

In your program that you create, you are able to put in screen breaks, so that you are able to view the results of your program. You can insert a function called getch() to pause execution in your programming code. This function will need the library conio.h included.

I hope that this information hels, Kevin. I wish you the best of luck in all your programming ventures!

Sincerely,

Keenan

Keenan Stewart (keenan_stewart@scholars.com)

Learning Advisor, http://scholars.com

Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center

Novell Authorized Online Training Provider

URL:http://Scholars.com