16-bit color issue Problem

Hey all,

I am having a problem here. I am using 16-bit color mode in DX8 and for some reason my macro [D3DCOLOR_RGB(r,g,b) ((b % 32) + ((g % 64) << 5) + ((r % 32) << 11))] only shows me blue and green colors. I have even tried using manual colors in the function call Clear (Device8) and i can't seem to display any other colors other then green and blue. I am not sure whats happening but its driving me nuts. I checked the device and its in 16-bit mode but still won't display any red colors. Any ideas or help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Hey.

Could it be that your GFX card uses another color format?
    Try one of these macroes:

//For 16 bit 565-pixelformat
    #define RGB_16BIT565(r, g, b) ((r << 11) | (g << 5) | (b))
    //For 16 bit 555-pixelformat
    #define RGB_16BIT555(r, g, b) ((r << 10) | (g << 5) | (b))

If one of them doesn't work, try the other one.
    Older GFX cards uses the 555 pixelformat, and that may cause some trouble.

Let me know if it works =)

Greetings from
    ziggwarth

: Hey all,
    :
    : I am having a problem here. I am using 16-bit color mode in DX8 and for some reason my macro [D3DCOLOR_RGB(r,g,b) ((b % 32) + ((g % 64) << 5) + ((r % 32) << 11))] only shows me blue and green colors. I have even tried using manual colors in the function call Clear (Device8) and i can't seem to display any other colors other then green and blue. I am not sure whats happening but its driving me nuts. I checked the device and its in 16-bit mode but still won't display any red colors. Any ideas or help would be great thanks.
    :

• That should be exactly what it is. I had the exact same problem with my old computer. Now its not a problem though so.
  • : That should be exactly what it is. I had the exact same problem with my old computer. Now its not a problem though so.
    :
    Just like to say i had a blonde moment and answered my own question a few months later lol.