Error 200: Division by Zero

I have a turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS and i tried executing one of my .PAS files from the compiler to check the code, and it returned the error 200 message. I heard this is caused by the use of an AGP graphics card. Is this true and how can i fix it! Please email ASAP.

Thank you!!!

Comments

• : I have a turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS and i tried executing one of my .PAS files from the compiler to check the code, and it returned the error 200 message. I heard this is caused by the use of an AGP graphics card. Is this true and how can i fix it! Please email ASAP.

: Thank you!!!

Good news: It's not caused by your AGP card.

Bad news: It's caused by the Crt unit.

This problem is caused when Crt are computing the correct timing values for the delay procedure. It works fine if you have got a computer slower than 200MHz but if you have got a fast comupter the value that is devided by get to low(0). There are several ways to solve this problem:

1. Use a new crt routine. Borland haven't done anyone but there are others for exaple New Crt.

2. I think there is a patch for the old crt but I'm not sure.

3.Writer your one unit that includes the things you want to use from crt. This is the method that I use.

By the way. There are programs on the web that can patch exe files that have been compiled with Borland Pascal.

Hope it helped.

• :

: : I have a turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS and i tried executing one of my .PAS files from the compiler to check the code, and it returned the error 200 message. I heard this is caused by the use of an AGP graphics card. Is this true and how can i fix it! Please email ASAP.

: : Thank you!!!

: Good news: It's not caused by your AGP card.

: Bad news: It's caused by the Crt unit.

: This problem is caused when Crt are computing the correct timing values for the delay procedure. It works fine if you have got a computer slower than 200MHz but if you have got a fast comupter the value that is devided by get to low(0). There are several ways to solve this problem:

: 1. Use a new crt routine. Borland haven't done anyone but there are others for exaple New Crt.

: 2. I think there is a patch for the old crt but I'm not sure.

: 3.Writer your one unit that includes the things you want to use from crt. This is the method that I use.

: By the way. There are programs on the web that can patch exe files that have been compiled with Borland Pascal.

: Hope it helped.

But i have a 300 Mhz computer and i dont see any problems, what is the reason for that.

• : :

: : : I have a turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS and i tried executing one of my .PAS files from the compiler to check the code, and it returned the error 200 message. I heard this is caused by the use of an AGP graphics card. Is this true and how can i fix it! Please email ASAP.

: : : Thank you!!!

: : Good news: It's not caused by your AGP card.

: : Bad news: It's caused by the Crt unit.

: : This problem is caused when Crt are computing the correct timing values for the delay procedure. It works fine if you have got a computer slower than 200MHz but if you have got a fast comupter the value that is devided by get to low(0). There are several ways to solve this problem:

[....]

: But i have a 300 Mhz computer and i dont see any problems, what is the reason for that.

I have only seen (and heard) reports about this problem on Intel PII -CPU's, confirm or deny anyone.

• :

: : :

: : : : I have a turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS and i tried executing one of my .PAS files from the compiler to check the code, and it returned the error 200 message. I heard this is caused by the use of an AGP graphics card. Is this true and how can i fix it! Please email ASAP.

: : : : Thank you!!!

: : : Good news: It's not caused by your AGP card.

: : : Bad news: It's caused by the Crt unit.

: : : This problem is caused when Crt are computing the correct timing values for the delay procedure. It works fine if you have got a computer slower than 200MHz but if you have got a fast comupter the value that is devided by get to low(0). There are several ways to solve this problem:

: [....]

: : But i have a 300 Mhz computer and i dont see any problems, what is the reason for that.

:

: I have only seen (and heard) reports about this problem on Intel PII -CPU's, confirm or deny anyone.

Right, I have got a Intel PII problem, and the error message appears even if you don't use the Crt Unit.

Even the following program reports the error:

Program Stupid;

Begin

End.

• : :

: : : :

: : : : : I have a turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS and i tried executing one of my .PAS files from the compiler to check the code, and it returned the error 200 message. I heard this is caused by the use of an AGP graphics card. Is this true and how can i fix it! Please email ASAP.

: : : : : Thank you!!!

: : : : Good news: It's not caused by your AGP card.

: : : : Bad news: It's caused by the Crt unit.

: : : : This problem is caused when Crt are computing the correct timing values for the delay procedure. It works fine if you have got a computer slower than 200MHz but if you have got a fast comupter the value that is devided by get to low(0). There are several ways to solve this problem:

: : [....]

: : : But i have a 300 Mhz computer and i dont see any problems, what is the reason for that.

: :

: : I have only seen (and heard) reports about this problem on Intel PII -CPU's, confirm or deny anyone.

: Right, I have got a Intel PII problem, and the error message appears even if you don't use the Crt Unit.

: Even the following program reports the error:

: Program Stupid;

: Begin

: End.

CORRECTION: I meant, obviously, that I have a PII 266 PROCESSOR, not Problem

(even if having a PII involves having this problem)

However, I have remembered that I have been runing Turbo in a PII 233 without problems.

The problem must be on the compiled code, since EXE programs compiled with Turbo still

cause this error to happen (even the program Stupid mentioned above).

Misteriously, the error appears in the 95% of the cases: if you insist on running the program,

you will see that you will succeed at any time.