serial data processing

Require some help with serial port data! I need to detect the serial data which is only 14 digits long, terminated with a carriage return. Could some one spare some time and give me the required commands needed to convert the data into a string? I am using Visual studio.net.

Paul

Comments

• : Require some help with serial port data! I need to detect the serial data which is only 14 digits long, terminated with a carriage return. Could some one spare some time and give me the required commands needed to convert the data into a string? I am using Visual studio.net.
    :
    : Paul
    :
    :
    Hey Paul,
    although I'm verry new to programming, I also want to learn how to capture serial data and manipulate it,if you get any answers or if you can share some code, I would appreciate it.
    Jerry
    ockwig@ureach.com

• Search in Microsoft Site for the file "101VBNETSamples.exe", it includes 101 VB Samples. One of them is about Serial Communications, it has everything you need. All the samples are really good and give answers to many of your questions.