Rich Text Box Problem???? Help

Hello World,
I have a Richtext box and have a textbox. When somebody types in something in the textbox, I want that to be the font of the Richtext box. I tried Richtextbox1.font.name = "Times New Roman" but it gives an error line, and says "Property "Name" is 'Readonly'??
How do i set the font name. Richtextbox1.font.name is a get type property. I need a set type. Help!

Dhruv(BattleGuard)

THX

Comments

• Hello,

Here's a possibility...

RichTextBox1.Font = New Font(TextBox1.Text, 10)

Obviously you can put in whatever you want instead of 10 but hopefully this helps. There are multiple constructors available that allow you to also include the FontStyle, etc. if you like.

Chris

: Hello World,
    : I have a Richtext box and have a textbox. When somebody types in something in the textbox, I want that to be the font of the Richtext box. I tried Richtextbox1.font.name = "Times New Roman" but it gives an error line, and says "Property "Name" is 'Readonly'??
    : How do i set the font name. Richtextbox1.font.name is a get type property. I need a set type. Help!
    :
    : Dhruv(BattleGuard)
    :
    : THX
    :

• Thanx but i have another problem.
    I have four checkboxes and they're labeled - bold, italics, underline, strikeout. I want the text in the richtext box to be bold whenever somebody presses that button and bold is checked. I got how to do one of each, but if somebody checks italics and bold, how do i do that??? Then italics, bold and underline, and so on???

Dhruv(BattleGuard)
    THX

: Hello,
    :
    : Here's a possibility...
    :
    : RichTextBox1.Font = New Font(TextBox1.Text, 10)
    :
    : Obviously you can put in whatever you want instead of 10 but hopefully this helps. There are multiple constructors available that allow you to also include the FontStyle, etc. if you like.
    :
    : Chris
    :
    :
    : : Hello World,
    : : I have a Richtext box and have a textbox. When somebody types in something in the textbox, I want that to be the font of the Richtext box. I tried Richtextbox1.font.name = "Times New Roman" but it gives an error line, and says "Property "Name" is 'Readonly'??
    : : How do i set the font name. Richtextbox1.font.name is a get type property. I need a set type. Help!
    : :
    : : Dhruv(BattleGuard)
    : : THX
    :
    :

• Hi,

Here's a possibility....

1. On your form
    Add five checkboxes:
    chkBold, chkItalic, chkUnderline, chkStrikeout, chkRegular

2. Add a Function
    ---------------
    Private Function SetFontStyle() As FontStyle
    Dim fs As FontStyle

'Check User Selection (user selects 0 or more options)
    fs = FontStyle.Regular 'Default

If chkBold.Checked Then
    fs = fs Or FontStyle.Bold 'Or allows you to combine FontStyles
    End If

If chkUnderline.Checked Then
    fs = fs Or FontStyle.Underline
    End If

If chkStrikeout.Checked Then
    fs = fs Or FontStyle.Strikeout
    End If

If chkItalic.Checked Then
    fs = fs Or FontStyle.Italic
    End If

Return fs 'If nothing has been checked fs = FontStyle.Regular

End Function

3. When setting the Font to the RichTextBox

RichTextBox1.Font = New Font(TextBox1.Text, 10, SetFontStyle())

Hope this helps,

Chris