VB newbie queries?

Hi,

I am a newbie in VB and have to develop a big application for handling our subscribers in our company.

I will have to learn vb from scratch and develop the application. I was thinking of doing the development in VB6.

I would like to know how easy is it to grasp VB .NET than VB 6 for a newbie?

If vb.net is faster to learn and more effective than vb and if it works fine with sql server 200 then i will like to go for vb.net other wise vb6

Can somebody advise me on this?

Thanks and regards

Hitendra

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I am a newbie in VB and have to develop a big application for handling our subscribers in our company.
    :
    : I will have to learn vb from scratch and develop the application. I was thinking of doing the development in VB6.
    :
    : I would like to know how easy is it to grasp VB .NET than VB 6 for a newbie?
    :
    : If vb.net is faster to learn and more effective than vb and if it works fine with sql server 200 then i will like to go for vb.net other wise vb6
    :
    : Can somebody advise me on this?
    :
    : Thanks and regards
    :
    : Hitendra
    :
    :
    [red] I don't know much about how VB.NET fares with sql server as opposed to VB6, but from a learning perspective (I'm learning .NET now and learnt VB6 last year) VB.NET is completely different (to some degree) to VB6. VB6 is mainly event driven while VB.NET is object oriented. IMO, VB.NET is slightly harder to pick up (only slightly though), but in the long run, I think, has more benefits in the future.
    Hope this helps,

[size=5]dodge[/red]