Decimal to Binary conversions

Hello,

I am stuck on a program. My goal to convert a non decimal number (prompted from user) into a base 2 number. My var:

user input integer (response)

the final converted number (dec_bin)

simple vars but I am new to TP v7. I have all of my procedures: prompting user, displaying numbers and decorating the screen. However the conversion procedure will not work. I am stumped. I know how to manually convert these numbers but cant translate to code.

A nice guy tried to help (thanks Matt)and sent some long codes. They were way to complicated for my simple mind. I need help with this please. I've searched throughout he net and emptied the reference books at school. If you know a way, or a link to an idiot users guide I would be forever in your debt.

Have a nice Holiday.

Melissa

rwmvs2@psci,net

Comments

• : Hello,

: I am stuck on a program. My goal to convert a non decimal number (prompted from user) into a base 2 number. My var:

: user input integer (response)

: the final converted number (dec_bin)

: simple vars but I am new to TP v7. I have all of my procedures: prompting user, displaying numbers and decorating the screen. However the conversion procedure will not work. I am stumped. I know how to manually convert these numbers but cant translate to code.

: A nice guy tried to help (thanks Matt)and sent some long codes. They were way to complicated for my simple mind. I need help with this please. I've searched throughout he net and emptied the reference books at school. If you know a way, or a link to an idiot users guide I would be forever in your debt.

: Have a nice Holiday.

: Melissa

: rwmvs2@psci,net

Well, may I borrow the code? (and if you're bored, go to my site and download the asteroids game i wrote with TP 7!)

URL:http://insci14.ucsd.edu/~jhu/PROGRAMS.HTM

• : : Hello,

: : I am stuck on a program. My goal to convert a non decimal number (prompted from user) into a base 2 number. My var:

: : user input integer (response)

: : the final converted number (dec_bin)

: : simple vars but I am new to TP v7. I have all of my procedures: prompting user, displaying numbers and decorating the screen. However the conversion procedure will not work. I am stumped. I know how to manually convert these numbers but cant translate to code.

: : A nice guy tried to help (thanks Matt)and sent some long codes. They were way to complicated for my simple mind. I need help with this please. I've searched throughout he net and emptied the reference books at school. If you know a way, or a link to an idiot users guide I would be forever in your debt.

: : Have a nice Holiday.

: : Melissa

: : rwmvs2@psci,net

: Well, may I borrow the code? (and if you're bored, go to my site and download the asteroids game i wrote with TP 7!)

Thank you for your replies!!!!

Lucky for me that I found such nice folks. My program is done and in the hands of my prof.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!!!!

• : : Hello,

: : I am stuck on a program. My goal to convert a non decimal number (prompted from user) into a base 2 number. My var:

: : user input integer (response)

: : the final converted number (dec_bin)

: : simple vars but I am new to TP v7. I have all of my procedures: prompting user, displaying numbers and decorating the screen. However the conversion procedure will not work. I am stumped. I know how to manually convert these numbers but cant translate to code.

: : A nice guy tried to help (thanks Matt)and sent some long codes. They were way to complicated for my simple mind. I need help with this please. I've searched throughout he net and emptied the reference books at school. If you know a way, or a link to an idiot users guide I would be forever in your debt.

: : Have a nice Holiday.

: : Melissa

: : rwmvs2@psci,net

: Well, may I borrow the code? (and if you're bored, go to my site and download the asteroids game i wrote with TP 7!)

Thank you for your replies!!!!

Lucky for me that I found such nice folks. My program is done and in the hands of my prof.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!!!!