Can I distribute freely any program I make in VB.NET?

Can I distribute any program I make in VB.NET?
For example, I know that I can distribute the dotnetframework file along with my program, but what about any COM references I use in my code, for example when automating Word?

I really like to make programs in VB.NET and sell them, but I'm not sure if I can distribute everything I made without informing Microsoft or buying licences.

Thanks for any help!

VB Newbie

Comments

• : Can I distribute any program I make in VB.NET?
    : For example, I know that I can distribute the dotnetframework file along with my program, but what about any COM references I use in my code, for example when automating Word?
    :
    : I really like to make programs in VB.NET and sell them, but I'm not sure if I can distribute everything I made without informing Microsoft or buying licences.
    :
    : Thanks for any help!
    :
    : VB Newbie
    :
    :
    Well, first of all, you should carefully read the EULA of VB.NET. About Word... I think that instead of distributing the .OCX (or .DLL or whatever part of Word) you should specify an Word (you can tell what version) as a requirement for your application. That's because it is possible that someone who does not have Word installed to NOT be able to run your application properly even if you install and register one or two (or three) .OCX (.DLL) files.
  • : : Can I distribute any program I make in VB.NET?
    : : For example, I know that I can distribute the dotnetframework file along with my program, but what about any COM references I use in my code, for example when automating Word?
    : :
    : : I really like to make programs in VB.NET and sell them, but I'm not sure if I can distribute everything I made without informing Microsoft or buying licences.
    : : Thanks for any help!
    : : VB Newbie
    : Well, first of all, you should carefully read the EULA of VB.NET. About Word... I think that instead of distributing the .OCX (or .DLL or whatever part of Word) you should specify an Word (you can tell what version) as a requirement for your application. That's because it is possible that someone who does not have Word installed to NOT be able to run your application properly even if you install and register one or two (or three) .OCX (.DLL) files.
    :

Thanks,

But i'm very new to this.
    Whats .OCX?
    I'm just using the object library of Word97 so that I can use the code in my application for automating Word.
    Do you think that would be a problem when I distribute my program?

I'm not sure about the UELA.
    That's becouse the very technical words in it I don't understand.
    So maybe I must just call Microsoft and ask them.

Anyway thanks for your help.

VB Newbie