help on C programming wanted.....

im a student and just starting taking C, i have a project which is quite hard for me i would like to ask for help or advice on what to do....the problem given to me was to create a program which would allow the user to input 2 polynomials and it should be inputted in a string max. up to the 10th degree. there should have an option either to add, subtract, get the 1rst derivative or 2nd derivative of the 2 polynomials. assume that the polynomials have no spaces between them. this should be implemented using pointer implementation and queues. my big problem is my prof. ask me to make a sub prog. pqueue.h and poly.h, i guess its abt making large programs that are being chopped down to small parts. i would be very thankful if you could help me on this. thanks.

Comments

• : im a student and just starting taking C, i have a project which is quite hard for me i would like to ask for help or advice on what to do....the problem given to me was to create a program which would allow the user to input 2 polynomials and it should be inputted in a string max. up to the 10th degree. there should have an option either to add, subtract, get the 1rst derivative or 2nd derivative of the 2 polynomials. assume that the polynomials have no spaces between them. this should be implemented using pointer implementation and queues. my big problem is my prof. ask me to make a sub prog. pqueue.h and poly.h, i guess its abt making large programs that are being chopped down to small parts. i would be very thankful if you could help me on this. thanks.
    :

It is very common, and absolutely necessary, for commercial programs to contain multiple files. The source code for a single *.exe program could contain hundreds of *.h and *.cpp files. Normally, a *.h file contains class definitions, structures, macros and constants related to a single topic or class. Then the *.cpp file contains the implementation code of the *.h file. The compiler's ide helps manage all these files by collecting them into a single project, which makes it a simple task to compile the files and link them all together to make a single *.exe file.

It appears that you program might have five individual source files: a *.cpp that contains your main() function --
    [code]
    main.cpp
    pqueue.cpp and pqueue.h
    poly.cpp and poly.h
    [/code]