Deployment

Hi all, Ive written an application in VB.NET and want to deploy it to other PCs. Now i cant find any package and deployment wizard like in v6, so how can i run it on the other PCs?

I searched MS and they say i need to download and install a massive 20meg .net framework. This is ludicrous, my application is only 36k! Is there no way around this?

Comments

• : Hi all, Ive written an application in VB.NET and want to deploy it to other PCs. Now i cant find any package and deployment wizard like in v6, so how can i run it on the other PCs?
    :
    : I searched MS and they say i need to download and install a massive 20meg .net framework. This is ludicrous, my application is only 36k! Is there no way around this?
    :

Search for Installer 2.0 on Microsoft's web page.

my application was 32k and I had the same issue ;o[ so you would think it would be easy :o)

• : : Hi all, Ive written an application in VB.NET and want to deploy it to other PCs. Now i cant find any package and deployment wizard like in v6, so how can i run it on the other PCs?
    : :
    : : I searched MS and they say i need to download and install a massive 20meg .net framework. This is ludicrous, my application is only 36k! Is there no way around this?
    : :
    :
    : Search for Installer 2.0 on Microsoft's web page.
    :
    : my application was 32k and I had the same issue ;o[ so you would think it would be easy :o)
    :
    :

So will that Installer 2.0 negate the need to install the framework aswell?

• "So will that Installer 2.0 negate the need to install the framework aswell?
    "

It depends on your operating system. Installer 2.0 might need it. I would check the microsoft website for details on installer 2.0. Incidently, I have .net framework installed on my office pc and installer 2.0 works fine.

Thanks!