Please need help "combobox"

i need help with the combobox in visual basic.

need to know how to load information from access2000 into vb combobox.... i already load the database into the program vb. but i need to create a search customer combobox. please anyone that know how to do this. if can help.. thanks...

Comments

• : i need help with the combobox in visual basic.
    :
    : need to know how to load information from access2000 into vb combobox.... i already load the database into the program vb. but i need to create a search customer combobox. please anyone that know how to do this. if can help.. thanks...
    :

Have u tried Dbcombobox it will help u or else add adodb component
    in ur form and connect it to combobox and set all required database properties of the combo box

Purple haze
  • first of all, you need a DATACOMBO box instead of the normal combobox. and then you make a new recordset to put in your customer information.

Set cboCustomer.RowSource = YourRecordset
    cboCustomer.ListField = "CustomerName"
    cboCustomer.ReFill

: i need help with the combobox in visual basic.
    :
    : need to know how to load information from access2000 into vb combobox.... i already load the database into the program vb. but i need to create a search customer combobox. please anyone that know how to do this. if can help.. thanks...
    :

• : i need help with the combobox in visual basic.
    :
    :

I use a regular combobox and fill it "manually"

sSQL="select FirstName + ' ' + LastName as FullName from Y order by LastName, FirstName" ' or whatever

set rsTemp=dbSB.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenSnapshot, dbSQLPassThrough) 'This is using DAO, ADO is slightly different

with Combo1
    .clear
    while not rsTemp.EOF
    .AddItem rsTemp("FullName")
    rsTemp.MoveNext
    wend
    end with

• : I use a regular combobox and fill it "manually"
    :
    : sSQL="select FirstName + ' ' + LastName as FullName from Y order by LastName, FirstName" ' or whatever
    :
    : set rsTemp=dbSB.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenSnapshot, dbSQLPassThrough) 'This is using DAO, ADO is slightly different
    :
    : with Combo1
    : .clear
    : while not rsTemp.EOF
    : .AddItem rsTemp("FullName")
    : rsTemp.MoveNext
    : wend
    : end with
    :
    :
    i'm using datacombo and ado, and your method works very well, thank you very much :)