Need urgent help!!!

I want to have a textbox that must contain the text from my text.txt file.
When my programm is installed by the user this text.txt file must be in the same folder were my programm is installed.

If I just use the syntax: "OpenFile(1, text.txt) ForInput" without specifying a path like c: ext.txt. What will happen?
Will the programm find the text.txt file?
And if I use "OpenFile(1, text.txt) ForOutput, will it create a new text.txt file, or just write into the existing text.txt file?

Thanks,

VB Newbie

Comments

• : I want to have a textbox that must contain the text from my text.txt file.
    : When my programm is installed by the user this text.txt file must be in the same folder were my programm is installed.
    :
    : If I just use the syntax: "OpenFile(1, text.txt) ForInput" without specifying a path like c: ext.txt. What will happen?
    : Will the programm find the text.txt file?
    : And if I use "OpenFile(1, text.txt) ForOutput, will it create a new text.txt file, or just write into the existing text.txt file?
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : VB Newbie
    :

What I don't understand is why you don't just try it and find out?
  • I'm not a VB fan, but I'll try to help.

When you are manipulating files, you'll get more flexibility if you work using "." or "..XXXYYY". So, before you modify your files:
    - Save CurrentDir;
    - Set CurrentDir (you can choose you program dir);
    - Work on Files;
    - Restore saved CurrentDir;

[red]Tip:[/red] When you start your program, you can save CurrentDir(Your program directory) to use it. So your client can install the software wherever he wants.