Parallel Port Programming IN C++

salam to all.
i want to have a short but complete guidance about the hardware interfacing done in C++.
pls help me in this context.

Comments

• : salam to all.
    : i want to have a short but complete guidance about the hardware interfacing done in C++.
    : pls help me in this context.
    :

Hi Asif

You must use Windows DDK tools,otherwise you can't access directly to parallel port.If you would like more information about this let me know and talk about it more in future.

AsAdi

• : : salam to all.
    : : i want to have a short but complete guidance about the hardware interfacing done in C++.
    : : pls help me in this context.
    : :
    :
    : Hi Asif
    :
    : You must use Windows DDK tools,otherwise you can't access directly to parallel port.If you would like more information about this let me know and talk about it more in future.
    :
    : AsAdi
    :
    :
    I want to know where I can find DDK tools or do I have them on my computer?(Not quite sure what they are)
    I've been looking up and searching all day with little results. But will keep searching.

• : : : salam to all.
    : : : i want to have a short but complete guidance about the hardware interfacing done in C++.
    : : : pls help me in this context.
    : : :
    : : Hi Asif
    : : You must use Windows DDK tools,otherwise you can't access directly to parallel port.If you would like more information about this let me know and talk about it more in future.
    : : AsAdi
    : I want to know where I can find DDK tools or do I have them on my computer?(Not quite sure what they are)
    : I've been looking up and searching all day with little results. But will keep searching.
    :
    :
    I guess DDK for Windows 2000 and it's preceded versions(98,Me,95) are still available on Microsoft corporation site and you can download them freely,but I couldn't find DDK for Windows XP downloadable on this site,so I guess you have to order for it's CD.So that you can install it on your computer.
  • : : : : salam to all.
    : : : : i want to have a short but complete guidance about the hardware interfacing done in C++.
    : : : : pls help me in this context.
    : : : :
    : : : Hi Asif
    : : : You must use Windows DDK tools,otherwise you can't access directly to parallel port.If you would like more information about this let me know and talk about it more in future.
    : : : AsAdi
    : : I want to know where I can find DDK tools or do I have them on my computer?(Not quite sure what they are)
    : : I've been looking up and searching all day with little results. But will keep searching.
    : I guess DDK for Windows 2000 and it's preceded versions(98,Me,95) are still available on Microsoft corporation site and you can download them freely,but I couldn't find DDK for Windows XP downloadable on this site,so I guess you have to order for it's CD.So that you can install it on your computer.
    :
    Ok, thanks.
    : i want to have a short but complete guidance about the hardware interfacing done in C++.
    :

Do you really want to write a device driver, or are you simply wanting to do some I/O to the parallel port? If that is the case, you can get a handle to the parallel, (or any), port with the Win32 CreateFile() API routine then use handle based I/O routines to do the I/O.

Look up CreateFile() in the help or at MSDN, pay particular attention to the sections dealing with "Communication Resources".

Med venlig hilsen,

Adrian...

• [b][red]This message was edited by jkyle at 2003-4-29 17:49:59[/red][/b][hr]
    please help me what are the reserved I/O address in PCI slot?im making a school project that interface a hardware using I/O card,what are the range of the address? and can you teach me how to decode an address?

• : [b][red]This message was edited by jkyle at 2003-4-29 17:49:59[/red][/b][hr]
    : please help me what are the reserved I/O address in PCI slot?im making a school project that interface a hardware using I/O card,what are the range of the address? and can you teach me how to decode an address?
    :
    :
    :
    Hi there
    Actually I have no any experiences about PCI slots,I've designed some I/O cards for ISA slots,and as you know,their address range starts at 300H,but sorry about PCI slots.It will be appreciated if you let me know about it after taking any information.
    Best Regards
  • hello jkle
    you should see IO address table you can find it in IBM technical refrence or another books no diffrece between PCI or ISA in addresses
    I think 300H is ok ( prototype cards)
    I f you have some problem you can send an Email to me
    m_ghaff2000@yahoo.com
    bye

: : [b][red]This message was edited by jkyle at 2003-4-29 17:49:59[/red][/b][hr]
    : : please help me what are the reserved I/O address in PCI slot?im making a school project that interface a hardware using I/O card,what are the range of the address? and can you teach me how to decode an address?
    : Hi there
    : Actually I have no any experiences about PCI slots,I've designed some I/O cards for ISA slots,and as you know,their address range starts at 300H,but sorry about PCI slots.It will be appreciated if you let me know about it after taking any information.
    : Best Regards
    :

:

• hey adrian, i thought you can access the printer port using outportb or inportb in c++. do this commands dont function under win32

quicksights