DirectX 9.0

I am new to DirectX, but really wanna learn. I am very proficient in Visual C++ 6.0 & have just downloaded the DirectX 9.0 SDK. The help files don't provide much help as I quickly found out. Where should I go to learn this because I cannot find anything on the Internet or even a mention of any books based in C++ for the 9.0 verson! Help!

Comments

• Hi,
    The directx 9.0 is fairly new so it would be highly improbable to find books for 9.0. Books for 8.0 and sites for it are plenty. 9.0 isn't much different than 8.0. Learn 8.0 and then see whats new in the version thats newest at that time when u are comfortable with 8.0 and use those features.

: I am new to DirectX, but really wanna learn. I am very proficient in Visual C++ 6.0 & have just downloaded the DirectX 9.0 SDK. The help files don't provide much help as I quickly found out. Where should I go to learn this because I cannot find anything on the Internet or even a mention of any books based in C++ for the 9.0 verson! Help!
    :