Where to start programming?

What is a good book to read to start programming C in linux? I've programmed C++, but have no experience with C.

Thanks

Comments

• : What is a good book to read to start programming C in linux? I've programmed C++, but have no experience with C.
    :
    : Thanks
    :

Best and most classical would be,

1.C programming in UNIX/LINUX by stephen G Kochan
    2.Let us C -By yashavant kantekar ( he is an indian author and you will get this book if you can contact any indian friend and catch hold of it)
  • : : What is a good book to read to start programming C in linux? I've programmed C++, but have no experience with C.
    : :
    : : Thanks
    :
    : Best and most classical would be,
    :
    : 1.C programming in UNIX/LINUX by stephen G Kochan
    : 2.Let us C -By yashavant kantekar ( he is an indian author and you will get this book if you can contact any indian friend and catch hold of it)
    :

BUT AN .PDF OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT....
  • : : : What is a good book to read to start programming C in linux? I've programmed C++, but have no experience with C.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks
    : : :
    : : Best and most classical would be,
    : : 1.C programming in UNIX/LINUX by stephen G Kochan
    : : 2.Let us C -By yashavant kantekar ( he is an indian author and you will get this book if you can contact any indian friend and catch hold of it)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : BUT AN .PDF OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT....
    :

Since C++ is just plain C with object oriented features. If you are very good in c++ you may just want to ask yourself : "what do i have to forget to make my programs compile in C". Any book about C will do the job. Personaly "The Joy of C" is a good book for a beginner. You can also try to learn it the hard way, just try to make small programs and view code examples.

For programming in linux it is easy to find fairly complete docs, the ones i use are:

The Linux Programmer's Guide
    http://tldp.org/guides.html

Advanced Linux Programming
    http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/

and the man pages.

• : What is a good book to read to start programming C in linux? I've programmed C++, but have no experience with C.
    :
    : Thanks
    :

May i ask y you want to use C, since you know C++ already?
    You CAN program with C++ in Linux...all you need is an editor (VI RULES!)
    and a compiler (G++/Gcc both GREAT!) If you want to do X program i would suggest QT 3, it is a little difficult to grasp at first...but it very powerful, and portable ;)

-----
    Whoever said $$$ can't buy happines....never bought a computer!!! :)