Need help!! How do I remove the right scrollbar in a webbrowser window

Hello, thanks for reading...

I use VB 6

My problem is the following:

I wanted to make a gif move in my window and to do this I created a webbrowser window and loaded the gif. But I ended up having a scrollbar on the right side of the window. I don't want people to know that it is a webbrowser that displays the gif. Please, help me hide the scrollbars.

Thx /Peter

Comments

• : Hello, thanks for reading...

: I use VB 6

: My problem is the following:

: I wanted to make a gif move in my window and to do this I created a webbrowser window and loaded the gif. But I ended up having a scrollbar on the right side of the window. I don't want people to know that it is a webbrowser that displays the gif. Please, help me hide the scrollbars.

: Thx /Peter

I have not tried this before, but possibly you load the gif file into a webpage with a frame. Then set the NoScroll property of the Frame tag of your webpage so that scroll bars will not appear.

• : : Hello, thanks for reading...

: : I use VB 6

: : My problem is the following:

: : I wanted to make a gif move in my window and to do this I created a webbrowser window and loaded the gif. But I ended up having a scrollbar on the right side of the window. I don't want people to know that it is a webbrowser that displays the gif. Please, help me hide the scrollbars.

: : Thx /Peter

: I have not tried this before, but possibly you load the gif file into a webpage with a frame. Then set the NoScroll property of the Frame tag of your webpage so that scroll bars will not appear.

I think it will surely work, but there is one small problem. I haven't made a single html-document in my whole life so please tell me what and where shall I write the code in the html-page.

Thanks. I appreciate your help Malcolm.

/Peter

• Actually, I am guessing on 'scrolling="noscroll"' but I know the property is scrolling and Malcolm says the tag is noscroll, so you'll have to try it.

Make a html with the following code(this will be the one you actually load):

Change ShowGif.html to whatever you name this next html.

This will be the second one:

Change My.gif to the name of your gif.

Load the first one and it will display.

Hope this helps!

• : Actually, I am guessing on 'scrolling="noscroll"' but I know the property is scrolling and Malcolm says the tag is noscroll, so you'll have to try it.

: Make a html with the following code(this will be the one you actually load):

: Change ShowGif.html to whatever you name this next html.

: This will be the second one:

: Change My.gif to the name of your gif.

: Load the first one and it will display.

: Hope this helps!

The tag is probably scrolling="noscroll". I haven't got access to my list at the moment as my zip drive is not working. However, I'm sure one of the two will work.

• : : : Hello, thanks for reading...

: : : I use VB 6

: : : My problem is the following:

: : : I wanted to make a gif move in my window and to do this I created a webbrowser window and loaded the gif. But I ended up having a scrollbar on the right side of the window. I don't want people to know that it is a webbrowser that displays the gif. Please, help me hide the scrollbars.

: : : Thx /Peter

: : I have not tried this before, but possibly you load the gif file into a webpage with a frame. Then set the NoScroll property of the Frame tag of your webpage so that scroll bars will not appear.

: I think it will surely work, but there is one small problem. I haven't made a single html-document in my whole life so please tell me what and where shall I write the code in the html-page.

: Thanks. I appreciate your help Malcolm.

: /Peter

This is code will work with a few modifications. Just paste it into notepad and save it with a .html extension.

The scrolling property is definetly correct. Take no notice of my reply to leahcims message. I copied the code from my webpage.)

Change the SRC property to the address of your html page.

You can change other propeties to, but the above should do what you want it to do assuming you can still make the gif file move as you want it to.

• : : : : Hello, thanks for reading...

: : : : I use VB 6

: : : : My problem is the following:

: : : : I wanted to make a gif move in my window and to do this I created a webbrowser window and loaded the gif. But I ended up having a scrollbar on the right side of the window. I don't want people to know that it is a webbrowser that displays the gif. Please, help me hide the scrollbars.

: : : : Thx /Peter

: : : I have not tried this before, but possibly you load the gif file into a webpage with a frame. Then set the NoScroll property of the Frame tag of your webpage so that scroll bars will not appear.

: : I think it will surely work, but there is one small problem. I haven't made a single html-document in my whole life so please tell me what and where shall I write the code in the html-page.

: : Thanks. I appreciate your help Malcolm.

: : /Peter

Sorry the HTML Code was lost in posting my last message. I do believe you cannot use HTML Codes on this message board.

I'll email it to you. If you still don't get it just reply and I'll work something else out.

• I think I got it to work now. Thanks Malcolm and Leachim for reading my message.

/Peter