dataview, custom txtbox, fn that accepts any control and sets datasour

i have a function that sets the dataset, valuemember, and displaymember of what ever combo box is passed the signature is :

fillEmUp(dis as string, valmem as int, obj as combobox)

I would like to make the value member optional and change this so that i can send any control ie : datagrid, textbox

i was thinking of using, select case and the objtype for the cases. But i know i have to do some kind of conversion and recognition of the type but dont know how to do this.

Also i want to create a custom box that will display # as
#,###.## i tried using the leave property to reset the text to :
txtName.text = format("{0:G}", txtName.text)
'not sure of all syntax errors here but i thought that would work, it didnt, is there a better way?

and finally creating a dataview
i want to filter by cboAccount selected, cboMonth and use params on cbo month to set filters to => 1st day of that month and <= last day of the month

i know how to get 1st and last day but cant find how to set somany filters on a dataview.

cheers

M~

Comments

• : i have a function that sets the dataset, valuemember, and displaymember of what ever combo box is passed the signature is :
    :
    : fillEmUp(dis as string, valmem as int, obj as combobox)
    :
    : I would like to make the value member optional and change this so that i can send any control ie : datagrid, textbox
    :
    : i was thinking of using, select case and the objtype for the cases. But i know i have to do some kind of conversion and recognition of the type but dont know how to do this.
    :
    : Also i want to create a custom box that will display # as
    : #,###.## i tried using the leave property to reset the text to :
    : txtName.text = format("{0:G}", txtName.text)
    : 'not sure of all syntax errors here but i thought that would work, it didnt, is there a better way?
    :
    :
    : and finally creating a dataview
    : i want to filter by cboAccount selected, cboMonth and use params on cbo month to set filters to => 1st day of that month and <= last day of the month
    :
    : i know how to get 1st and last day but cant find how to set somany filters on a dataview.
    :
    : cheers
    :
    : M~
    :

I think the optional part is something like this

fillEmUp(dis as string, obj as combobox, Optional valmem as int = 0)

If i recall you have to give the optional a default value.

Not sure i understand the custom box idea.

Not sure on the dataset filter either.

-Fallen

• : : i have a function that sets the dataset, valuemember, and displaymember of what ever combo box is passed the signature is :
    : :
    : : fillEmUp(dis as string, valmem as int, obj as combobox)
    : : I would like to make the value member optional and change this so that i can send any control ie : datagrid, textbox
    : : i was thinking of using, select case and the objtype for the cases. But i know i have to do some kind of conversion and recognition of the type but dont know how to do this.
    : : Also i want to create a custom box that will display # as
    : : #,###.## i tried using the leave property to reset the text to :
    : : txtName.text = format("{0:G}", txtName.text)
    : : 'not sure of all syntax errors here but i thought that would work, it didnt, is there a better way?
    : : and finally creating a dataview
    : : i want to filter by cboAccount selected, cboMonth and use params on cbo month to set filters to => 1st day of that month and <= last day of the month
    : : i know how to get 1st and last day but cant find how to set somany filters on a dataview.
    : : cheers
    : : M~
    :
    : I think the optional part is something like this
    :
    : fillEmUp(dis as string, obj as combobox, Optional valmem as int = 0)
    :
    : If i recall you have to give the optional a default value.
    :
    : Not sure i understand the custom box idea.
    :
    : Not sure on the dataset filter either.
    :
    : -Fallen
    :
    :

• i had to convert the text to dbl then format and convert to stirng

txtAmount.text = tostring.format("{0: #,###.00"}, cdbl(txtAmount.text))
    something close to that with out intelescience i may have made some mistakes
  • : i had to convert the text to dbl then format and convert to stirng
    :
    : txtAmount.text = tostring.format("{0: #,###.00"}, cdbl(txtAmount.text))
    : something close to that with out intelescience i may have made some mistakes
    :
    Great, just ("{0:#,###.00)", ...