Where can I find information about Device Context?

Can anyone suggest a good source that explains what a Device Context is? It is a mystery to me right now and I would like to know more about it.

Thanks.

Coco

Comments

• : Can anyone suggest a good source that explains what a Device Context is? It is a mystery to me right now and I would like to know more about it.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    : Coco
    :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/devcons_7e2b.asp

• Thank you very much. I once tried to find it on Microsoft's website but couldn't find it. Guess it's because I don't have too much experience with their website.

Do you know if there's a downloadable version of their MSDN library?

Again, thanks for your help.

Coco

• : Thank you very much. I once tried to find it on Microsoft's website but couldn't find it. Guess it's because I don't have too much experience with their website.
    :
    : Do you know if there's a downloadable version of their MSDN library?
    :
    : Again, thanks for your help.
    :
    : Coco
    :
    :
    [blue]You have to pay for MSDN subscription - remember - it is Micro$oft![/blue]

• : [blue]You have to pay for MSDN subscription - remember - it is Micro$oft![/blue]
    :

What the @#$%&;*! Why do they want to charge programmers who potentially can write good applications for their Windows? How inconvenient it is!

Coco