ImageList format in dfm

I streamed the data from an ImageList into a file and found that nothing could recofnize it. I then looked at the file and found a "pre-header" to a bitmap, which I stripped away and looked at it again.

The Delphi bitmap component had no trouble in looking at it, but nothing else could display it (paintbrush photoshop, etc.), so, what goes?

Does anyone know the format of the imagelist? I can guess some of the "pre-header", but not all of it. Can anyone help? And what happened to the original bitmap?

spin

Comments

• : I streamed the data from an ImageList into a file and found that nothing could recofnize it. I then looked at the file and found a "pre-header" to a bitmap, which I stripped away and looked at it again.
    :
    : The Delphi bitmap component had no trouble in looking at it, but nothing else could display it (paintbrush photoshop, etc.), so, what goes?
    :
    : Does anyone know the format of the imagelist? I can guess some of the "pre-header", but not all of it. Can anyone help? And what happened to the original bitmap?
    :
    :
    : spin
    :
    :
    Did you stream the entire list to file or just 1 bitmap from the list?
  • : Did you stream the entire list to file or just 1 bitmap from the list?

The streaming was actually done with the dfm, converted to text, then my program reconverted into binary data, chopped of everything before the "BM" and saved the rest.

So, yes, it was the entire list and I could see the full thing in am image component, but in nothing else.

spin