24bit SGI compatable Raster File

I have to create a 24 bit SGI compatable raster file of size 768x576 pixels. Im not 100% sure how to do this...

I know it has to be a binary file, each 24 bits are split up into 3 8 bit parts (blue, green, red <- I think its this way round?)

Im not sure what structure to actually store the picture in, and also how to save this to a binary file. I am just starting out in C# and normally program in Delphi.. Also, do I need a header to the file, or do I go straight into the data?

I have found details of the 'Sun Rasterfile', but am not sure if this is a SGI compatable format. This format does have a header...

Basically, as you can see I am very confused and mixed up at the moment! Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Kieran

Comments

• Yup, SGI is Sun Raster. It has a header of course and usually the data is RLE compressed.

Look it up at www.wotsit.org

: I have to create a 24 bit SGI compatable raster file of size 768x576 pixels. Im not 100% sure how to do this...
    :
    : I know it has to be a binary file, each 24 bits are split up into 3 8 bit parts (blue, green, red <- I think its this way round?)
    :
    : Im not sure what structure to actually store the picture in, and also how to save this to a binary file. I am just starting out in C# and normally program in Delphi.. Also, do I need a header to the file, or do I go straight into the data?
    :
    : I have found details of the 'Sun Rasterfile', but am not sure if this is a SGI compatable format. This format does have a header...
    :
    : Basically, as you can see I am very confused and mixed up at the moment! Any help would be very appreciated!
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    : Kieran
    :

• Thanks, I had already worked it out though - im so impressed with c# so far - it is like all the best parts of all the programming languages Ive used put into one package!

Thanks for the link to that site though - usefull like to have!

Kieran

: Yup, SGI is Sun Raster. It has a header of course and usually the data is RLE compressed.
    :
    : Look it up at www.wotsit.org
    :
    : : I have to create a 24 bit SGI compatable raster file of size 768x576 pixels. Im not 100% sure how to do this...
    : :
    : : I know it has to be a binary file, each 24 bits are split up into 3 8 bit parts (blue, green, red <- I think its this way round?)
    : : Im not sure what structure to actually store the picture in, and also how to save this to a binary file. I am just starting out in C# and normally program in Delphi.. Also, do I need a header to the file, or do I go straight into the data?
    : : I have found details of the 'Sun Rasterfile', but am not sure if this is a SGI compatable format. This format does have a header...
    : : Basically, as you can see I am very confused and mixed up at the moment! Any help would be very appreciated!
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : Kieran
    :
    :