Web-based project for school

Ok heres the situation,
I have to do a Web-based project for school for my software engineering class. I've decided on an online ATM machine. I already have Frontpage 2000 so I'm good with the html side of the project but what other programming languages should I use for the processing part (ie, checking account withdrawals and such).
I'm not asking for anyone to do the project for me, I just would like to know what programming languages I could use to do the project, I have some Java and C++ experience

Please, any info you could spare would be much appreciated

Comments

• : Ok heres the situation,
    : I have to do a Web-based project for school for my software engineering class. I've decided on an online ATM machine. I already have Frontpage 2000 so I'm good with the html side of the project but what other programming languages should I use for the processing part (ie, checking account withdrawals and such).
    : I'm not asking for anyone to do the project for me, I just would like to know what programming languages I could use to do the project, I have some Java and C++ experience
    :
    : Please, any info you could spare would be much appreciated
    :

Hi there,

It really depends on how portable you want this project to be. If it's just a "play" thing, do it in JavaScript with Cookies. If you're serious, get a server running Perl/C++ and store the data in a flat-file DB or something more sophistocated like MySQL, etc.

The idea behind this is great, plus, it's implemetation should be easy for you, esp. with your C++ knowledge!

HTH
    Bradley q:)
  • : Ok heres the situation,
    : I have to do a Web-based project for school for my software engineering class. I've decided on an online ATM machine. I already have Frontpage 2000 so I'm good with the html side of the project but what other programming languages should I use for the processing part (ie, checking account withdrawals and such).
    : I'm not asking for anyone to do the project for me, I just would like to know what programming languages I could use to do the project, I have some Java and C++ experience
    :
    : Please, any info you could spare would be much appreciated
    :

I would say depending on what you have available for a web server, that you should use either ASP or PHP along with a database system, If you are on a win2k machine running IIS, then you could can install a database engine from I believe CD2 of the MS OFFICE Professional package, otherwise I would look to MYSQL or POSTGRESQL (postgress is more complicated, but has more handy features) If you don't have IIS available, then I'd suggest Apache with PHP. There are thousands of tutorials across the 'net for installing apaches, php and the DB postgres or mysql, and several good tutorials on how to get started.
    Ben Martin :-D
    programmer