Can you help me with ending/terminating of a program at any point?

[b][red]This message was edited by trauts at 2002-9-30 14:32:5[/red][/b][hr]
I saw this earlier post (http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=3&MsgID=69898&Setting=A9999F0006)
and since I'm new to C++ (I've done basic), I thought that a variation of it would be nice, since a lot of my programs are really annoying.

How might I set it up so that no matter where in the program it is, if the keys "Alt+F4" are pressed, it will immediately end the program? Using the code at the abovementioned post, I could get "Q" to close at a particular point.

I'm using Microsoft VC++ 6.0 as my compiler, and I am working on a WIN32 Console Application. Feel free to email me. (trauts@ebipm.net)

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by trauts at 2002-9-30 14:32:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : I saw this earlier post (http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=3&MsgID=69898&Setting=A9999F0006)
    : and since I'm new to C++ (I've done basic), I thought that a variation of it would be nice, since a lot of my programs are really annoying.
    :
    : How might I set it up so that no matter where in the program it is, if the keys "Alt+F4" are pressed, it will immediately end the program? Using the code at the abovementioned post, I could get "Q" to close at a particular point.
    :
    : I'm using Microsoft VC++ 6.0 as my compiler, and I am working on a WIN32 Console Application. Feel free to email me. (trauts@ebipm.net)
    :

Console programs typically terminate when you press Ctrl-C you can also try Ctrl-Break.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• : How might I set it up so that no matter where in the program it is, if the keys "Alt+F4" are pressed, it will immediately end the program? Using the code at the abovementioned post, I could get "Q" to close at a particular point.
    :
    : I'm using Microsoft VC++ 6.0 as my compiler, and I am working on a WIN32 Console Application. Feel free to email me. (trauts@ebipm.net)
    :

just an idea - use a second thread to do the work and keep the main one for processing user messages.