New Link Window Size :-(

Hey guys
I am using the following script to open a new window once i link has been clicked:

Then this code in the body:
Mark's Profile

Now everything almost works except it seems to be completely ignoring the width and heights I am specifying :-( At first it was defaulting to almost full screen now it's decided that it wants to open as a small window (about 50 x 50). It's driving me mad! Any ideas on how to discipline this little bugger to open at the size I want (400 x 400) ?
At the moment the code appears to be generating completely random dimensions!
Cheers in advance ppl :-)

Comments

• Try eliminating some of the ' marks. Mine works with this script:

function OPEN_NEW(address) {
    window.open(address,'PAGE TITLE','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,scrollbars=yes,width=490,height=500');
    }

And this call from the HTML:
    My Page
    I'm passing the page address in so that I can use the same javascript for multiple pages.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

: Hey guys
    : I am using the following script to open a new window once i link has been clicked:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Then this code in the body:
    : Mark's Profile
    :
    : Now everything almost works except it seems to be completely ignoring the width and heights I am specifying :-( At first it was defaulting to almost full screen now it's decided that it wants to open as a small window (about 50 x 50). It's driving me mad! Any ideas on how to discipline this little bugger to open at the size I want (400 x 400) ?
    : At the moment the code appears to be generating completely random dimensions!
    : Cheers in advance ppl :-)
    :
  • I don't believe it!!! It's still not working, even after copying and pasting the code u supplied! The error occurs everytime I click the link 'My Page', I get the error icon down in the bottom left of the IE window and it doesn't open :-( I have used Javscript in the past without problems but as daft as it may sound I am starting to actually believe it's Windows XP / IE6 causing this problem! There's no other explanation .. :-( Anyway thanx for trying m8, have no idea why this doesnt work!

: Try eliminating some of the ' marks. Mine works with this script:
    :
    : function OPEN_NEW(address) {
    : window.open(address,'PAGE TITLE','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,scrollbars=yes,width=490,height=500');
    : }
    :
    :
    : And this call from the HTML:
    : My Page
    : I'm passing the page address in so that I can use the same javascript for multiple pages.
    :
    : Hope this helps.
    :
    : Jeff
    :
    :
    : : Hey guys
    : : I am using the following script to open a new window once i link has been clicked:
    : :
    : : Then this code in the body:
    : : Mark's Profile
    : : Now everything almost works except it seems to be completely ignoring the width and heights I am specifying :-( At first it was defaulting to almost full screen now it's decided that it wants to open as a small window (about 50 x 50). It's driving me mad! Any ideas on how to discipline this little bugger to open at the size I want (400 x 400) ?
    : : At the moment the code appears to be generating completely random dimensions!
    : : Cheers in advance ppl :-)
    :