A question about something ancient (that's right, VB/DOS)

Hi, my name is Joel, and I'm new to this board. I doubt anybody here has anything to do with VBDOS, but I'm giveing this a shot anyway. I'm also posting this in the other Programmers Heaven's message board as well. Anyway, here goes.

I'm makeing an IDE and need to overcome VB's 32K text box limit. I've downloaded EME and am going to try TRANSLATE on it to make it work for VBDOS. If it doesn't work, does anybody know how to over come the 32K limit? All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• : Hi, my name is Joel, and I'm new to this board. I doubt anybody here has anything to do with VBDOS, but I'm giveing this a shot anyway. I'm also posting this in the other Programmers Heaven's message board as well. Anyway, here goes.

: I'm makeing an IDE and need to overcome VB's 32K text box limit. I've downloaded EME and am going to try TRANSLATE on it to make it work for VBDOS. If it doesn't work, does anybody know how to over come the 32K limit? All help is appreciated. Thank you.

I think you will have to use a "page-file" for it;

write the whole shit to harddisk and

write any changes to harddisk directly after

they're made.

When scrolling over the limit: load the

next part from the page file.

(Your questin is a bit vague. but you meight

have a solution here)