To deal with the messages generated when mouse is scrolled

Hello,
To get the scrolling effect of the mouse what message should I've to trace for in SDK program.

Comments

• : Hello,
    : To get the scrolling effect of the mouse what message should I've to trace for in SDK program.
    :
    :
    [blue]Can you provide more details on that one?
    Do you have a scrollbar on your window?
    Do you have a ball mouse and want to get messages from the ball?
    [/blue]
  • : : Hello,
    : : To get the scrolling effect of the mouse what message should I've to trace for in SDK program.
    : :
    : :
    : [blue]Can you provide more details on that one?
    : Do you have a scrollbar on your window?
    : Do you have a ball mouse and want to get messages from the ball?
    : [/blue]
    : It is not the issue whether I've a scrollbar or not. It might that I can even use the message for either scrolling or for slideshow etc..
    It is not the message from the ball. I've to process the message from the scrolling wheel which will be mainly used for scrolling within the windows

• : : : Hello,
    : : : To get the scrolling effect of the mouse what message should I've to trace for in SDK program.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : [blue]Can you provide more details on that one?
    : : Do you have a scrollbar on your window?
    : : Do you have a ball mouse and want to get messages from the ball?
    : : [/blue]
    : : It is not the issue whether I've a scrollbar or not. It might that I can even use the message for either scrolling or for slideshow etc..
    : It is not the message from the ball. I've to process the message from the scrolling wheel which will be mainly used for scrolling within the windows
    :
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]There are messages WM_VSCROLL, WM_HSCROLL, but they are only available if your window has a scrollbar - so, it is an issue...

Of course, you can draw a custom scroll buttons and use 'ScrollWindowEx()' function to scroll the client area when these buttons are pressed.

Or you can do really weird scrolling effect I once saw: you sit on WM_MOUSEMOVE and once the cursor is very close to the edge of client area - you scroll it. I found it really annoying - you can't access any object close to the edge - it jumps to the center of the client area...[/blue]
  • Are you talking about the mouse wheel? WM_MOUSEWHEEL message. Look it up in MSDN (assuming this is what you are talking about).