HELP......ALT +TAB

Hi
I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
I will appreciate help
Thank you
Sumir

Comments

• : Hi
    : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : I will appreciate help
    : Thank you
    : Sumir
    :

You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    #define TABKEY 0x09
    #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
  • : : Hi
    : : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : : I will appreciate help
    : : Thank you
    : : Sumir
    : :
    :
    : You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    : [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    : #define TABKEY 0x09
    : #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    : Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
    :

oh my god! what useless(and wrong) answers people can give.

to the original poster: i guess you have to specify your os or use a library. i doubt this can be done by standard c++.
  • : : : Hi
    : : : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : : : I will appreciate help
    : : : Thank you
    : : : Sumir
    : : :
    : : You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    : : [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    : : #define TABKEY 0x09
    : : #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    : : Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
    :
    : oh my god! what useless(and wrong) answers people can give.
    :
    : to the original poster: i guess you have to specify your os or use a library. i doubt this can be done by standard c++.
    :
    He said it was C not C++ and I happen to know thats true because Ive dont it before

• : : : : Hi
    : : : : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : : : : I will appreciate help
    : : : : Thank you
    : : : : Sumir
    : : : :
    : : : You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    : : : [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    : : : #define TABKEY 0x09
    : : : #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    : : : Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
    : : oh my god! what useless(and wrong) answers people can give.
    : : to the original poster: i guess you have to specify your os or use a library. i doubt this can be done by standard c++.
    : He said it was C not C++ and I happen to know thats true because Ive dont it before
    :
    :

There is no doubt. You CAN'T do this using only standard libraries. You'll need to use console handling libraries. If you care about being portable then you can use ncurses, SLang, and some others. If you don't, and at this point you probably don't, then you'll need to specify OS and compiler. For example, many, but not all, compilers provide a header file (and associated library) called conio.h. With that you should be able to finagle a way to do what you want.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• Thank you all for responding
    i am using Borland C++ compiler and the OS is Windows XP .
    I am writing a password program . In order for it to work correctly i need to disable Alt+Tab . please help me
    Sumir

: : : : : Hi
    : : : : : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : : : : : I will appreciate help
    : : : : : Thank you
    : : : : : Sumir
    : : : : :
    : : : : You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    : : : : [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    : : : : #define TABKEY 0x09
    : : : : #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    : : : : Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
    : : : oh my god! what useless(and wrong) answers people can give.
    : : : to the original poster: i guess you have to specify your os or use a library. i doubt this can be done by standard c++.
    : : He said it was C not C++ and I happen to know thats true because Ive dont it before
    :
    : There is no doubt. You CAN'T do this using only standard libraries. You'll need to use console handling libraries. If you care about being portable then you can use ncurses, SLang, and some others. If you don't, and at this point you probably don't, then you'll need to specify OS and compiler. For example, many, but not all, compilers provide a header file (and associated library) called conio.h. With that you should be able to finagle a way to do what you want.
    :
    :
    : "We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    : -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion
    :
    :

• Is there some one who can help me out
    Thanks in advance
    Sumir
    : Thank you all for responding
    : i am using Borland C++ compiler and the OS is Windows XP .
    : I am writing a password program . In order for it to work correctly i need to disable Alt+Tab . please help me
    :
    :
    :
    : : : : : : Hi
    : : : : : : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : : : : : : I will appreciate help
    : : : : : : Thank you
    : : : : : : Sumir
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    : : : : : [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    : : : : : #define TABKEY 0x09
    : : : : : #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    : : : : : Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
    : : : : oh my god! what useless(and wrong) answers people can give.
    : : : : to the original poster: i guess you have to specify your os or use a library. i doubt this can be done by standard c++.
    : : : He said it was C not C++ and I happen to know thats true because Ive dont it before
    : : There is no doubt. You CAN'T do this using only standard libraries. You'll need to use console handling libraries. If you care about being portable then you can use ncurses, SLang, and some others. If you don't, and at this point you probably don't, then you'll need to specify OS and compiler. For example, many, but not all, compilers provide a header file (and associated library) called conio.h. With that you should be able to finagle a way to do what you want.
    : : "We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    : : -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion
    :
    :

• look up sendinput maybe?

: Is there some one who can help me out
    : Thanks in advance
    : : Thank you all for responding
    : : i am using Borland C++ compiler and the OS is Windows XP .
    : : I am writing a password program . In order for it to work correctly i need to disable Alt+Tab . please help me
    : : Sumir
    : : : : : : : Hi
    : : : : : : : I am new to c Language. Can anyone tell me how to write code for ALT + TAB key in C. I want when a user presses ALT + TAB keys together it should print a message say Hello world
    : : : : : : : I will appreciate help
    : : : : : : : Thank you
    : : : : : : : Sumir
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : You would first define the keys in hex. Im not sure what they are offhand but I do know a few so I can give you an example.
    : : : : : : [code]#define BACKSPACE 0x08
    : : : : : : #define TABKEY 0x09
    : : : : : : #define ESCAPE 0x1b[/code]
    : : : : : : Then you just use them as if they were a varible.
    : : : : : oh my god! what useless(and wrong) answers people can give.
    : : : : : to the original poster: i guess you have to specify your os or use a library. i doubt this can be done by standard c++.
    : : : : He said it was C not C++ and I happen to know thats true because Ive dont it before
    : : : There is no doubt. You CAN'T do this using only standard libraries. You'll need to use console handling libraries. If you care about being portable then you can use ncurses, SLang, and some others. If you don't, and at this point you probably don't, then you'll need to specify OS and compiler. For example, many, but not all, compilers provide a header file (and associated library) called conio.h. With that you should be able to finagle a way to do what you want.
    : : : "We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    : : : -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion
    :
    :

• NoText
    [size=2][red]