.NET performance counters - please help?

Hi,

I'm running NT4 sp6a and have installed:

1. Windows components update for Visual Studio .NET (i.e. .NET framework v. 1.0.03705)
2. Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect (all components except the Crystal reports stuff)
3. .NET service pack 2

The documentation suggests there should be a "Common Language Runtime" category (maybe others) added to Windows performance monitor (Perfmon.exe on NT4), but I can't see it (it's the JIT performance counters I'm after).

Is there anything special I need to do to get .NET performance counters to work?
Do I need to separately install the .NET SDK?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• If you have installed .NET framework on your server (in your case, it is NT4.0), all the .NET CLR performance categories and counters will be automatically created for you.

Open Perfmon.exe, under performance object, select .NET CLR XXX category.

Thanks,
    Suresh.

: Hi,
    :
    : I'm running NT4 sp6a and have installed:
    :
    : 1. Windows components update for Visual Studio .NET (i.e. .NET framework v. 1.0.03705)
    : 2. Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect (all components except the Crystal reports stuff)
    : 3. .NET service pack 2
    :
    : The documentation suggests there should be a "Common Language Runtime" category (maybe others) added to Windows performance monitor (Perfmon.exe on NT4), but I can't see it (it's the JIT performance counters I'm after).
    :
    : Is there anything special I need to do to get .NET performance counters to work?
    : Do I need to separately install the .NET SDK?
    :
    : Thanks for any help
    :
    :