DBListboxes

Hi,

I am a new VB programmer and am stuck on a simple problem

which I can't seem to get the syntax correct on a program I am working on. I have 2 DBList boxes in VB6.0

which are related. One has a list of names and the other DBListbox has a value for the corresponding name.

I am trying to allow a user to select a name with the mouse in one DBList box and have the corresponding

value also be selected(highlighted) in the other Listbox. I have used an if statement like this :

If DBList1.selected(1) = true then

DBList2.selected(1) = true

end if

I just can't seem to get it right. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Sandy MacDonald

Comments

• : Hi,

: I am a new VB programmer and am stuck on a simple problem

: which I can't seem to get the syntax correct on a program I am working on. I have 2 DBList boxes in VB6.0

: which are related. One has a list of names and the other DBListbox has a value for the corresponding name.

: I am trying to allow a user to select a name with the mouse in one DBList box and have the corresponding

: value also be selected(highlighted) in the other Listbox. I have used an if statement like this :

: If DBList1.selected(1) = true then

: DBList2.selected(1) = true

: end if

: I just can't seem to get it right. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

: Thanks, Sandy MacDonald

How about something like this:

Private Sub DBList1_Click()

Dim x As Integer

For x = 1 To 20 'Fit to your situation

If DBList1.Selected(x) Then

DBList2.Selected(x) = True

Exit Sub

End If

Next

End Sub