Forcing VB6.0 to search for OLEAUT32.DLL in a certain directory.

Hi there. I am using Visual BASIC 6.0, Enterprise Edition. I want to distribute a program which I have written to some friends of mine who are not the most computer-literate people :). What I want is for the program to search for and find the OLEAUT32.DLL and other DLL files it needs in the directory from which it was initiated from, instead of using the ones in the WINDOWSSYSTEM directory. Right now the program is giving errors because OLEAUT32.DLL is "out of date", when the newer one which it requires is right there in the directory with it. If anybody could tell me how to force the program to search for the DLLs in it's own directory, it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Comments

• : Hi there. I am using Visual BASIC 6.0, Enterprise Edition. I want to distribute a program which I have written to some friends of mine who are not the most computer-literate people :). What I want is for the program to search for and find the OLEAUT32.DLL and other DLL files it needs in the directory from which it was initiated from, instead of using the ones in the WINDOWSSYSTEM directory. Right now the program is giving errors because OLEAUT32.DLL is "out of date", when the newer one which it requires is right there in the directory with it. If anybody could tell me how to force the program to search for the DLLs in it's own directory, it would be very helpful.

: Thanks.

Options

Opt 1: Do setup program for your software.

Opt 2: Do runonce.exe to do what buddies can't.

Opt 3: Educate knotheads.

• : : Hi there. I am using Visual BASIC 6.0, Enterprise Edition. I want to distribute a program which I have written to some friends of mine who are not the most computer-literate people :). What I want is for the program to search for and find the OLEAUT32.DLL and other DLL files it needs in the directory from which it was initiated from, instead of using the ones in the WINDOWSSYSTEM directory. Right now the program is giving errors because OLEAUT32.DLL is "out of date", when the newer one which it requires is right there in the directory with it. If anybody could tell me how to force the program to search for the DLLs in it's own directory, it would be very helpful.

: : Thanks.

: Options

: Opt 1: Do setup program for your software.

: Opt 2: Do runonce.exe to do what buddies can't.

: Opt 3: Educate knotheads.

Thanks. I guess I will use #2, with the program checking the file versions each time it starts... as for option #3, which knotheads are you talking about... the people I want to be able to run the program, or Microsoft? :*)