refreshing jsp pages

whenever i have an include statement, for example like the one below:
<%@ include file ="header.html" %>
in a jsp page, and then i update header.html, when i refresh the jsp page, it doesn't refresh the header along with it. how do i make it so it refreshes the include file as well as the normal jsp page?

Comments

• : whenever i have an include statement, for example like the one below:
    : <%@ include file ="header.html" %>
    : in a jsp page, and then i update header.html, when i refresh the jsp page, it doesn't refresh the header along with it. how do i make it so it refreshes the include file as well as the normal jsp page?
    :

unfortunately this is a well known vendor specific behavior on most J2EE containers. u could execute "touch"
    on Unix sytems to update the JSP time stamps or re-save the jsp in Windows systems. There is a version of touch for
    Windows. The url keeps changing, so best to search for it.
    good luck,
    Gary
  • : whenever i have an include statement, for example like the one below:
    : <%@ include file ="header.html" %>
    : in a jsp page, and then i update header.html, when i refresh the jsp page, it doesn't refresh the header along with it. how do i make it so it refreshes the include file as well as the normal jsp page?
    :

unfortunately this is a well known vendor specific behavior on most J2EE containers. u could execute "touch"
    on Unix sytems to update the JSP time stamps or re-save the jsp in Windows systems. There is a version of touch for
    Windows. The url keeps changing, so best to search for it.
    good luck,
    Gary