database in vb.net

[b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..
    :

Look out in the docs for ADO.NET, and, well... good luck.
    ADO.NET provides data access from applications to database, and it *should* be fast and powerful.
    I have not used it much yet, so I don't really know. But, as far as I know, that's the only way to access databases from .NET apps, so yuo really haven't a choice...
    Well, to be completely honest, *there* is another way. "Normal" ADO through "COM Interop" objects. But I don't recommend it - it's a technology that is going to be dead in less than a year, most probably, while ADO.NET will stand for a long, long, *long* time still. In fact, ADO.NET is the next version of "normal" ADO 2.5. And, you know already how "old version" are managed in Microsoft...

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..
    : :
    :
    : Look out in the docs for ADO.NET, and, well... good luck.
    : ADO.NET provides data access from applications to database, and it *should* be fast and powerful.
    : I have not used it much yet, so I don't really know. But, as far as I know, that's the only way to access databases from .NET apps, so yuo really haven't a choice...
    : Well, to be completely honest, *there* is another way. "Normal" ADO through "COM Interop" objects. But I don't recommend it - it's a technology that is going to be dead in less than a year, most probably, while ADO.NET will stand for a long, long, *long* time still. In fact, ADO.NET is the next version of "normal" ADO 2.5. And, you know already how "old version" are managed in Microsoft...
    :
    :

Hi
    Thanks for your help. can you also let me know where i can find the docs for ado.net

Thanks
  • : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..
    : : :
    : : Look out in the docs for ADO.NET, and, well... good luck.
    : : ADO.NET provides data access from applications to database, and it *should* be fast and powerful.
    : : I have not used it much yet, so I don't really know. But, as far as I know, that's the only way to access databases from .NET apps, so yuo really haven't a choice...
    : : Well, to be completely honest, *there* is another way. "Normal" ADO through "COM Interop" objects. But I don't recommend it - it's a technology that is going to be dead in less than a year, most probably, while ADO.NET will stand for a long, long, *long* time still. In fact, ADO.NET is the next version of "normal" ADO 2.5. And, you know already how "old version" are managed in Microsoft...
    :
    : Hi
    : Thanks for your help. can you also let me know where i can find the docs for ado.net
    :
    : Thanks
    :

Uhm... have you tried in .NET documentation that comes with VB.NET??? ADO.NET is part of the .NET framework, and so, it is inside .NET documentation.
  • : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..
    : : : :
    : : : Look out in the docs for ADO.NET, and, well... good luck.
    : : : ADO.NET provides data access from applications to database, and it *should* be fast and powerful.
    : : : I have not used it much yet, so I don't really know. But, as far as I know, that's the only way to access databases from .NET apps, so yuo really haven't a choice...
    : : : Well, to be completely honest, *there* is another way. "Normal" ADO through "COM Interop" objects. But I don't recommend it - it's a technology that is going to be dead in less than a year, most probably, while ADO.NET will stand for a long, long, *long* time still. In fact, ADO.NET is the next version of "normal" ADO 2.5. And, you know already how "old version" are managed in Microsoft...
    : : Hi
    : : Thanks for your help. can you also let me know where i can find the docs for ado.net
    : : Thanks
    :
    : Uhm... have you tried in .NET documentation that comes with VB.NET??? ADO.NET is part of the .NET framework, and so, it is inside .NET documentation.
    :
    Thanks for your help. I thought that their is a website that you are referaing to. Well then I will look in the .net ...thanks again
  • I found a example if you want it. It helped me out.
  • : I found a example if you want it. It helped me out.
    :
    can u please sned me the example or let me know where i can get it from.

Thanks
  • : [b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..
    :
    :
    :
    I am developing an application based on an Access database. The connecting is fairly simple you just have to create a new MS Jet database in the server explorer and in your application make an OleDb.OleDbConnection with a string specified in the database properties and that's that. Then you can use either the OleDb.OleDbDataReader or DataSets to access and modify the database...Hope this helps...
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by the xsci2000 at 2002-7-3 12:48:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi guys... I am working with vb.net and I know the basic of it and I want to add a database in access into vb.net can anyone help me and let me know how i can do that or where i can find the info..
    : I am developing an application based on an Access database. The connecting is fairly simple you just have to create a new MS Jet database in the server explorer and in your application make an OleDb.OleDbConnection with a string specified in the database properties and that's that. Then you can use either the OleDb.OleDbDataReader or DataSets to access and modify the database...Hope this helps...
    :
    thanks for ur help. I am going to try this and see if i can do it.
    Thanks again