i wonder why...

i'm just wondering why did the developers of VB didn't include the multi column-feature of combo box like in MS Access. it is a very cool and very useful feature, don't you think?

i've encountered a problem with this before when i needed to display 3 fields in a single combo box, what i did is i created an ActiveX control. but my point is, it is time wasting. unlike in Access.

if anyone knows how to do it w/o creating activeX control. pls let me know, it will be a very big help,i think not only for me.

thanks!

Comments

• :
    : i'm just wondering why did the developers of VB didn't include the multi column-feature of combo box like in MS Access. it is a very cool and very useful feature, don't you think?
    :
    : i've encountered a problem with this before when i needed to display 3 fields in a single combo box, what i did is i created an ActiveX control. but my point is, it is time wasting. unlike in Access.
    :
    : if anyone knows how to do it w/o creating activeX control. pls let me know, it will be a very big help,i think not only for me.
    :
    : thanks!
    :

Hi there,

Unfortunately I agree, MS could have done us a favour (even if it was only available in the Enterprise Edition) by including this control. I've had several instances where a Combobox is more practical than a ListView.

I'd love to see your control as I've tried it myself but I'm only a beginner myself!

Cya
    Bradley q:)
  • : :
    : : i'm just wondering why did the developers of VB didn't include the multi column-feature of combo box like in MS Access. it is a very cool and very useful feature, don't you think?
    : :
    : : i've encountered a problem with this before when i needed to display 3 fields in a single combo box, what i did is i created an ActiveX control. but my point is, it is time wasting. unlike in Access.
    : : if anyone knows how to do it w/o creating activeX control. pls let me know, it will be a very big help,i think not only for me.
    : : thanks!
    :
    : Hi there,
    :
    : Unfortunately I agree, MS could have done us a favour (even if it was only available in the Enterprise Edition) by including this control. I've had several instances where a Combobox is more practical than a ListView.
    :
    : I'd love to see your control as I've tried it myself but I'm only a beginner myself!
    :
    : Cya
    : Bradley q:)
    :

'd love to share it, it's not yet that perfect but i'm using it now in my programs and it serves the purpose.

please let me know your email address and i'll send it to you together with a simple code on how to use it.

howard,

• : : :
    : : : i'm just wondering why did the developers of VB didn't include the multi column-feature of combo box like in MS Access. it is a very cool and very useful feature, don't you think?
    : : :
    : : : i've encountered a problem with this before when i needed to display 3 fields in a single combo box, what i did is i created an ActiveX control. but my point is, it is time wasting. unlike in Access.
    : : : if anyone knows how to do it w/o creating activeX control. pls let me know, it will be a very big help,i think not only for me.
    : : : thanks!
    : : Hi there,
    : : Unfortunately I agree, MS could have done us a favour (even if it was only available in the Enterprise Edition) by including this control. I've had several instances where a Combobox is more practical than a ListView.
    : : I'd love to see your control as I've tried it myself but I'm only a beginner myself!
    : : Cya
    : : Bradley q:)
    :
    :
    : 'd love to share it, it's not yet that perfect but i'm using it now in my programs and it serves the purpose.
    :
    : please let me know your email address and i'll send it to you together with a simple code on how to use it.
    :
    : howard,
    :
    :
    :

Like this?

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/textapi/txboxtabs.htm

Automan
    mailto:automanrjj@hotmail.com